PDA

View Full Version : After chkdsk errror, BETA hem stops working

fubster
03-06-2009, 05:29 PM
hoookay, so... i had the HUD not working issue on UB, installed the beta version and everything was hunky dory.

well, my computer geeked out and i had to do a hard shutdown and windows is all "we need to chkdsk your shit" and naturally im all "naw fuck that nigga press any key"

so i go to fire up HEM and it's all ALERT ALERT YOU NEED TO RUN CHKDSK and im like "wow what a suspiciously specific error..."

so anyway, I run chkdsk and when i go to run HEM again it throws a catastrophic error all up in my shit. i re-installed the old skanky HUDless non-beta update patch and now i'm all dids'd out. what gives?

Al1
03-06-2009, 08:47 PM
What was the error message?

fubster
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Hang on, I'll try to re-create the error.

fubster
03-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh and for what it's worth, when I install the standard "update" patch, HEM still looks and feels like the beta version.

fubster
03-06-2009, 09:06 PM
lol xenocode, sounds like some scientology moonspeak shit. i have never heard of xenocode, it it some sort of API?

okay here goes. the window title of the error dialog is
"Xenocode Virtual Appliance Runtime"

This application has encountered an error: 0x8000FFFF, with the following description:

Catastrophic Failure

Please contact the publisher of this application for more information.

That's you guys!

fubster
03-06-2009, 09:14 PM
There doesn't seem to be any way to do a clean uninstall so I tried re-installing the application over the old, and I'm getting that same error.

Al1
03-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Can you reinstall HM:

1) Make a backup of the "Config" folder in a safe location, this folder is in the RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ folder
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upgrade HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it works for a while and if it does proceed to step 9
9) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Test if it works again for another while and if it does proceed to step 11
11) Import your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
12) Test if it works

fubster
03-07-2009, 09:11 PM
this didn't work. it's strange because the problem happened after i had to do a hard shutdown.

morny
03-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Did you follow that step for step, this error always means HM was installed incorrectly and usually completely uninstalling and reinstalling does the trick, also make sure that youve closed down HM completely when installing or it wont work

fubster
03-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Did you follow that step for step, this error always means HM was installed incorrectly and usually completely uninstalling and reinstalling does the trick, also make sure that youve closed down HM completely when installing or it wont work

Yes, I did.

morny
03-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net