PDA

View Full Version : Could not find the Config\HoldemManager.Config file..

Deeproller
05-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Just bought Leak Buster and attempting to install 1.11.06e1

"Could not find the Config\HoldemManager.Config file. Make sure you are running Holdem Manager from the correct directory"

I receive this message when I attempt to open the program

What am I doing wrong?

Furthermore I am trying to install PostgreSQL 9.1 I receive this message:

"Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly

Error reading file C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/9.1/data/postgresql.conf"

I am running Windows 7 32 bit.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Sarek
05-17-2011, 11:50 AM
A) Is HM installed in default path?

B) If you have Win7 (or Vista), consider the following:
1) PC name must be in English and "in one word" - requires reboot after changing.
2) The same for Windows user name. If not - create new Win user with EN name and reboot PC for this user when install Postgres. And he must have admin rights. After installation you can kill this new user - his mission is completed.
3) Secondary logon service must be set to "Autostart".
4) UAC = OFF
5) Disable firewall and antivirus when installing Postgres and HM. Or uninstall them at all.
6) All installations must run "as admin" (by right-click on file). And do them as first thing after PC reboot.
7) If you want to change install path for Postgres (or to set non-default folder for database cluster) - download "standalone" installation file from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows)
8) If your Windows is not in English - you have to install Postgres not in default folder in Program_Files. Create new (example: c:\postgresql) first and select it when install.
9) Install Postgres and HM separarelly, one after one. As admin. If HM (when runs for the 1st time) says "no database" - simply create it via DBControlpanel.
10) If Postgres install fails - after uninstalling don't forget to kill windows user named "postgres":
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:
net user postgres /delete
exactly as shown. You should get a confirmation if it was successful.
11) Run all pokerclients "as admin" too.

Deeproller
05-17-2011, 01:03 PM
The postgreSQL now installs perfectly.

However when I install HEM it says "Welcome to the Holdem Manager update"

I install it in the directory it suggests:

C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

And the I get the same message as stated above when I try to launch it.

Thanks for the help by the way.

Deeproller
05-17-2011, 04:19 PM
What more can I do to fix the problem?

Patvs
05-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Update to http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/78921-1-11-06g-pre-release.html

Don't use SQL 9.1 alpha.
Either use 8.2/8.3/8.4 or 9.0

---

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily

---

Manually delete the holdemmanager.config file if you still get the error. Then restart HoldemManager.

Deeproller
05-18-2011, 05:13 AM
I am pretty sure it worked.

Thank you very much.

Deeproller
05-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Made it work on my stationary computer.

Now I have tried doing the same on my laptop.

Even though I have performed all the same steps, it still comes up with:

"Could not find the Config\HoldemManager.Config file. Make sure you are running Holdem Manager from the correct directory"

Any reason it shouldn't work the same way here?

My OS is the same as my stationary computer.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sarek
05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Possibly this is because you use wrong installer:
There are two of them on d-load page: "big" one and "updater"
When first install, you have to use full installer.

Deeproller
05-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Working. Thank you.

I have purchased Leak Buster, but it is only running through Holdem Manager, which is a trial version. Can I register with the same key as for Leak Buster or do I have to purchase Holdem Manager aswell?

netsrak
05-19-2011, 04:07 AM
I think you can use the same key.
If not please contact support@acepokersolutions.com