PDA

View Full Version : HM probs

Rojo
05-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi,
I'm experiencing new problems I've never seen before :confused:

1. I am not able to see any handhistories, only results and graphs.
2. When I'm playing I'm getting (new) stats on the tables and it says it's importing (in the "Import progess") and I can see it is, but I see no results in my HM.

This is obviously quite frustrating. I even DL version 1.11.06e1, but it's the same. I'm really confused.

Hope you can help

Rojo
05-17-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm running win7. I'm all updated.

Sarek
05-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Press Filters - Clear (even if it says "no filters")

Rojo
05-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I wish it was that simple, but that doesn't work either.

I can only see result and graphs that are older than today and I can't see any HH (ie cant click to see a hand I play in the replayer)

Sarek
05-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Is timezone you live different with room time?
Try to set time filter fo All hands and find your hands.

Rojo
05-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Tried that too. Results and stats show, but there aren't any hands showing where they are supposed to be. I even tried asking for the latest 100000 hands for my alias under "hands" and also for my different users - and it doesnt work...

But now I just tried to asking for hands my opponents have played and they show up? hmmm...

Rojo
05-17-2011, 12:45 PM
+ my play today got imported, but it doesn't show anywhere, e.g no results, graphs, stats or anything... just gone !?

Patvs
05-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Update to http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/78921-1-11-06g-pre-release.html

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) and reboot.

Rojo
05-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Always worked with EU settings, so not sure why that would be a problem + I have lots of pokerfriends that have their HM working with EU settings.

I did however change to US settings, but still not working.

It's importing and I get stats, but nothing shows in HM - not for me nor my opponents. But I can see that if I play with a new opponents I'm able to find him in player search (Player -> change). So I suppose my data is not going to get lost if I do play, right?

Rojo
05-18-2011, 06:35 AM
...and did update to 1.11.06g

Patvs
05-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Update PostgreSQL from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org) (don't install 9.1 alpha.... but either 8.2/8.3/8.4/9.0)

Create a new empty database and reimport the original hands from your archive folder, C:/HMArchive to see if they will then show up.

Rojo
05-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Hey again,

I just did a backup of my HM data. I was wondering if I could just uninstall my HM and then install again and then do a restore? Or would this be overkill/too much of a hassle compare to what you suggested?

Rojo
05-20-2011, 09:26 AM
with regards to update: im not seeing any update options on that site?

Patvs
05-20-2011, 09:38 AM
There's no need to reinstall HoldemManager.

If you use the full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe again it will overwrite all your old settings. (so if you do plan to do this, backup your custom HUD first by exporting it)

SQL 8.4.8 is here Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload)

Were you using SQL 8.4.x before?

If you backup/restore your database---> and your database has a corruption in one of the indexes, the corrupt database will be restored... not fixing your issue.
So ideally, just update PostgreSQL, create a NEW empty database and reimport your archive folder, C:/HMArchive

Rojo
05-20-2011, 09:51 AM
I have 8.4

When I re-import my hands from my archive does that give me all me hands that I have ever played as well as datamined hands etc.?

Rojo
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
setup requires a password -- whats the standard password you guys use?

Rojo
05-20-2011, 10:14 AM
it says mine is postgrespass when i go to database management but it wont work :/

Sarek
05-20-2011, 10:36 AM
If you have installed Postgres for the 1st time with HM:
user postgres
pw postgrespass

If you had Postgres before (and it was installed with PT3):
user is the same
pw dbpass

Rojo
05-20-2011, 10:44 AM
I've only used HM. It wont accept "postgrespass".

It asks for: Please provide a password for a service account (postgres)
password: I type "postgrespass"
retype password: I type "postgrespass"

I then get this message: The password specified was incorrect. Please enter the correct password for the postgres windows user account.

??
damn this is frustrating :/

Rojo
05-20-2011, 10:46 AM
hang on .. i tilt tried several password and now it accepted postgres... !?

Sarek
05-20-2011, 10:46 AM
If you have Win7 (or Vista), consider the following:
1) PC name must be in English and "in one word" - requires reboot after changing.
2) The same for Windows user name. If not - create new Win user with EN name and reboot PC for this user when install Postgres. And he must have admin rights. After installation you can kill this new user - his mission is completed.
3) Secondary logon service must be set to "Autostart".
4) UAC = OFF
5) Disable firewall and antivirus when installing Postgres and HM. Or uninstall them at all.
6) All installations must run "as admin" (by right-click on file). And do them as first thing after PC reboot.
7) If you want to change install path for Postgres (or to set non-default folder for database cluster) - download "standalone" installation file from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows)
8) If your Windows is not in English - you have to install Postgres not in default folder in Program_Files. Create new (example: c:\postgresql) first and select it when install.
9) Install Postgres and HM separarelly, one after one. As admin. If HM (when runs for the 1st time) says "no database" - simply create it via DBControlpanel.
10) If Postgres install fails - after uninstalling don't forget to kill windows user named "postgres":
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:
net user postgres /delete
exactly as shown. You should get a confirmation if it was successful.
11) Run all pokerclients "as admin" too.

Rojo
05-20-2011, 11:35 AM
So it seems it works again after creating a new DB. Only problem now is I've lost a ton of my played hands :(

Is there a solution to this?

Patvs
05-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Reimport your archive folder: run a import from folder on C:/HMArchive.

The archive folder will probably not have the datamined / purchased hands
Do you have another way of getting those hands back? (can you download them again?)

Rojo
05-20-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't really care about hands I'm not in. The problem is that this is a relatively new computer and alot of my own hands are missing.

Can I somehow fish them from the other DB or something?

Patvs
05-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Connect to the old database--> options--> database management---> connect--> EXPORT HANDS (and it will export ALL hands, including mined hands)

(since connection to the old database doesn't work for you, you can try to move the PostgreSQL/8.x/data folder to a different location (or to a different computer) and try to install PostgreSQL again to that location.

----

If you played most of your hands on Full Tilt or PokerStars, it's easiest to email their support and request the handhistories for 'every hand you've ever played' which they can actually email you.