PDA

View Full Version : HUD not showing up all the sudden

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Yesterday all the sudden my HUD doesn't show up on cereus. I Hadn't done anything different and it was working fine before (with the exception of me not saving HUD positions to my liking). Restarted my comp and its still the same

i am using 1.08 beta 6, winxp

EDIT: i just noticed that it doesn't seem to be importing properly either... after i exited the tables and stopped importing, i went to the UB hand history folder and still saw the 2 HHs for the tables i was just on. I checked and the HEM Auto Import folders are configured correctly, and are supposed to move the files to a processed folder once i'm off the tables. So then I hit Start Auto Import and one of the files is then moved, but the other still stays

EDIT2: actually maybe that importing is normal? As im playing on tables and HM auto-importing its just the HUD that doesn't show up, the hands and stats are still in the database and can be viewed in HEM for all players

EDIT3: HUD shows up on stars, but not UB.

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 03:32 AM
something is horribly wrong with my stats. I have not done anything to HM or my comp that i think would affect it. Now on Stars the stats only align properly on one table, because trying to move them to where they're supposed to be on one table messes them up on others. I have tried this both with "Fix My stats" on and off, and looked at preferred seating to see that it was off.

Is there a way to save my settings in HM (like stat sections in Reports tab) and restore it if i reinstall/update?

Al1
03-06-2009, 03:49 PM
1) Make a backup of the "Config" folder in a safe location, this folder is in the RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ folder
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upgrade HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it works for a while and if it does proceed to step 9
9) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Test if it works again for another while and if it does proceed to step 11
11) Import your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
12) Test if it works

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 05:19 PM
1) Make a backup of the "Config" folder in a safe location, this folder is in the RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ folder
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upgrade HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it works for a while and if it does proceed to step 9
9) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Test if it works again for another while and if it does proceed to step 11
11) Import your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
12) Test if it works

aren't i supposed to make a new database or back it up if i update it?

Al1
03-06-2009, 06:00 PM
No. Your DB is not affected by that. It is in postgreSQL folder.

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 07:34 PM
nt

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 07:58 PM
side note, i just realized theres a recent update to .NET framework i haven't decided to install yet. Is this important?

EDIT: interesting my HM flipped out all the sudden, i can't think of anything i did to it or that would cause it. I played some hands (stars) yesterday and now the HH files are nowhere to be found except 1, which is still in the default stars folder. Looking in the folder where the HHs are supposed to be processed none seems to be there and i dunno where they went

Al1
03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Don't upgrade .net if it works.

This is normal that your HH are not immediately moved, it takes some time, but they are imported.

Nothing here? C:\HMArchive

Can you attach you holdemmanager.config file.

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 09:38 PM
i also don't understand step 9. I seem to have made it to that point however.

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Don't upgrade .net if it works.

This is normal that your HH are not immediately moved, it takes some time, but they are imported.

Nothing here? C:\HMArchive

Can you attach you holdemmanager.config file.

ahh thanks found the HHs.

I've made it to step 9 but i'm not sure i understand what you mean. Overwrite the new holdemmanager.config file with the backed up one and see if my HM settings come back?

I did that and nothing showed up/seemed to have changed. I still have the newly installed holdemmanager.config file.

attached is my old holdemmanager.config

Al1
03-06-2009, 09:55 PM
This just reconfigure your HM with your old setting: auto-import folders...

Is your UB issue solved?

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 10:04 PM
This just reconfigure your HM with your old setting: auto-import folders...

Is your UB issue solved?

The hud shows up so yes that is the original problem, but i'm stuck at Step 9. I'm not sure what i am supposed to do?

trying 9 doesn't do anything abou tmy settings in the reports tab, but i don't understand what i'm stupposed to do

Al1
03-06-2009, 10:07 PM
The hud shows up so yes that is the original problem, but i'm stuck at Step 9. I'm not sure what i am supposed to do?

Doing step 9 doesn't do anything abou tmy settings in the reports tab

For you Reports, overwrite your old *.report files from the Reports folder you have backuped (in Config) in the new one.

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 10:08 PM
For you Reports, overwrite your old *.report files from the Reports folder you have backuped in teh new one.

ok, but what is it that you want me to do exactly in step 9? I don't understand it

Al1
03-06-2009, 10:11 PM
ok, but what is it that you want me to do exactly in step 9? I don't understand it

In your backuped Config folder, there is a holdemmanager.config file, just copy this file in the new Config folder. If you don't do that, you have to reconfigure all your auto-import folder etc...

But it seems it has worked because your UB auto-import folder works.

SoulRĈder
03-06-2009, 10:20 PM
In your backuped Config folder, there is a holdemmanager.config file, just copy this file in the new Config folder. If you don't do that, you have to reconfigure all your auto-import folder etc...

But it seems it has worked because your UB auto-import folder works.

ah, I see, i configured that before i copied it over to test the hud initially.

what am i supposed to do with the rest of my backed up config folder?

SoulRĈder
03-07-2009, 03:00 AM
For you Reports, overwrite your old *.report files from the Reports folder you have backuped (in Config) in the new one.

i don't have a Reports folder in config

i am talking about all the stats categories

All i ddi with config was copy it and pasted it somewhere safe, like you suggested.

morny
03-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Heres the reports, unzip them and put them in the reports folder