PDA

View Full Version : How to delete database postgress if you cant find it?

blackopc
03-04-2009, 08:11 PM
I get this message as i want to install holdem manager on my new pc with vista.

http://s5.tinypic.com/2yx106o.jpg

On the right of the picture you will see the maps in windows/c/programm files/postgresql. I cannot delete this map because i get the note that pg log is in use of other program.

I also tried system recovery, used a date before the first time i installed HM or postgress but i keep getting the message that there already is a database.

I switched of user account and try to install postgres and holdem manager bud (or but?) it didnt work.

For holdem manager i have the problem that i used to many times my activation code. (1 used one for old pc with xp and the other for laptop with xp) So can pc 1 be deactivate so i can activate it on this computer?

Then for postgress, why doesnt it work and how can i delete the old database?

Thanks for the help.

blackopc
03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Extra info:

If i put the tab away on initialize database cluster, postgress proceed installing and i get the note installation complete.

After that i start holdem manager, click on activate later.

Then get this note:

http://s5.tinypic.com/15ydl6s.jpg

On the last sign it doesnt matter if i click yes or no. Neither would work.

morny
03-05-2009, 03:39 PM
The original message is just telling you theres a previous installed database, if dont care about any previous databases (possibly PT3 databases there aswell) then go to C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.x/Data and delete the contents of the data folder. Then it will allow you to finish the installation and start completely fresh with a blank database.

If you want to keep/use the previous databases then at the step where you get the error press cancel and then untick "Initialise database cluster" and finish the installation then youll have the option to connect to the old databases and also the option to create a new one

blackopc
03-06-2009, 04:16 AM
The original message is just telling you theres a previous installed database, if dont care about any previous databases (possibly PT3 databases there aswell) then go to C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.x/Data and delete the contents of the data folder. Then it will allow you to finish the installation and start completely fresh with a blank database.

As you can see on the right side of the picture i deleted the data, there is only the PG LOG file who i cant delete because its in use Windows says.
Its a complete new computer and never before installed PT3 (you mean pokertracker 3?)

The strange ting is that after i did system recovery PostgreSql still see the old database. I want to delete all old database and start all over again. How can i do that?

If you want to keep/use the previous databases then at the step where you get the error press cancel and then untick "Initialise database cluster" and finish the installation then youll have the option to connect to the old databases and also the option to create a new one

I have also done this as i wrote in my second post, neither didn't work (see copylink in second post) and i didnt get the option to create a new database.

And what can i do about this?:

For holdem manager i have the problem that i used to many times my activation code. (1 used one for old pc with xp and the other for laptop with xp) So can pc 1 be deactivate so i can activate it on this computer?

morny
03-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Something seems to be locking that last file, youll still need to delete it, usually if you reboot and delete that before running any programs it should delete it