PDA

View Full Version : One Database - Two Computers (FAQ)???

Jasonroz
03-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi,

I have two computers with the portable hard drive. Exact same setup in the FAQ thread about using one database with a PC and Notebook.

I've followed the tutorial exactly, however running into problems after installing holdem manager. At the Database Control Panel.

I enter my Login name and password, and it says "Holdem Manager updated PostgreSQL. Please try connecting again."

I hit "connect" again, same message. I really would like to have this working today.

Can one of your support guys contact me please. I would really appreciate it.

If you have Skype, that would be the best communication method; Username= Jason.Rozander

Thanks,

Jason

Jasonroz
03-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Is the "Server Name" in "Database Control Panel" need to be 127.0.0.1? If so, that is what it is.

Port is 5432. I've tried the "Login Name" as "postgres" and as the "Account Name", in this case it's "holdemmanager".

Still getting the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

If someone can walk me through this, it would be great. I have MSN as well, it that's easier. PM me.

morny
03-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Try and connect to postgreSQL via the method shown in this FAQ by starting the service http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=34 then youll probably get an error and if so go to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application and look for the error and post the details about the error here please

Jasonroz
03-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks for your reply. I stopped the service, and restarted it... and got no error.

Jasonroz
03-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Morny,

Can you please contact me on skype (jason.rozander) or msn (jasonroz@shaw.ca)?

Thanks,

Jason

Jasonroz
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi Morny,

Can you please contact me on skype (jason.rozander) or msn (jasonroz@shaw.ca)?

Thanks,

Jason

Thanks Morny, everything is working great now.