PDA

View Full Version : Simple method to set up pre fetching

emjaydappa
03-04-2009, 12:26 PM
According the instruction manual, "Pre-fetching allows you to acquire stats from a table you are not sitting at".

I have tried all the instructions in the FAQs and still cant get it to work. If someone could explain it to me in basic terms please as I am not particularly technically minded.

I am currently playing on Betfair. Does this site allow this?

Ultimately, I want to be able to leave my laptop on through out the day on several open table gathering data. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Emjay

mksmipalla
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
What you want to do is data mining. Not the same as pre-fetching. The pre-fetching uses one hand from the table you have open so that HM can find thoses players in your database and then give you the stats for thoses player at the table. It is using the stats you already have in your databse not gathering new data, Just the one first hand.

emjaydappa
03-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the reply.

So effectively we use pre-fetching to determine if there are any players on the table who we wish to play against before taking the seat. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

This "Data Mining" you speak of. This seems to be exactly the thing I want to do. Is this possible and if so, do you know the procedure in order to perform?

I am very new to the Hold Em Manager world and I am not very technically minded so any other general tips and advice regarding this matter, or anything else you think is worth mentioning would be muchly appreciated.

Emjay

Mike chops
03-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't think Betfair saves out hand histories unless you sit at the table. We pre-fetch one hand for PokerStars but no other sites.

emjaydappa
03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Having researched and read up all of the above, I have learned that generally, Data Mining is frowned upon.

I can see why in retrospect!

Thanks for all advice all the same though