PDA

View Full Version : Hands imported on wrong date?

Jerinho
05-15-2011, 06:05 AM
I just installed HM on a new PC. I've imported old handhistories and everything seemed fine. However, when I started playing I found out there were already several thousand hands played today (regarding te "today"-tab in the reports window). This was yesterday. Also today, I opened the reports window and "today" showed already over 2K hands. How is this possible, and more imported, how do I fix it?

Sarek
05-15-2011, 12:10 PM
This is because of difference between poker room's time and your local time.
You can use Options - settings - adjust site import times to set it.
But this will affect only newly imported hands, to repair old hands you need to delete them and import again.

Jerinho
05-15-2011, 02:13 PM
This is because of difference between poker room's time and your local time.
You can use Options - settings - adjust site import times to set it.
But this will affect only newly imported hands, to repair old hands you need to delete them and import again.

I have doubts that's the reason. There's only 1 hour difference with the server time of the pokerroom I play on. Also I haven't been playing for more than one day prior to installing HM on my new PC. After installing old hand histories, the today report showed about 6K hands played.

fozzy71
05-15-2011, 02:58 PM
options > settings > miscellaneous > day start time

If you often play past midnight try setting it to 06:00 instead of 00:00.

Here is how you adjust site import times for your client/clock - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/434/Adjust+Site+Import+Times

Jerinho
05-17-2011, 08:46 AM
I still have the same problem. Today I open HM and there are already 3K hands played today. This is really annoying. Do you guys have any other options, because I think something else is still wrong here.

EDIT: I've just noticed that the hands shown in the today-tab have the date 06/16/11. So it seemes that HM changes the date to a different date in the future. This goes down to hands with the date 06/01/11 on the bottom of the list (still in the today-tab).

fozzy71
05-17-2011, 09:19 AM
This is likely caused by your windows regional settings date format in dd/mm/yyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy.

Make sure the hand histories and poker client are in English.

Set your Windows Regional and Language Settings to English (US).

To fix this you just need to change your Windows Regional Settings. Go to the Control Panel and open the Regional and Language Options and select English (USA) as the "Current Format".

Restart your PC.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips

Jerinho
05-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Ok, I've tried all you said. However, no succes. Hands showed still the same wrong date.

I did the following test:
- I resetted the windows regional settings back to Netherlands.
- I created a new database and loaded old hands I've played in January from the move folder. Every single hand was imported perfectly.

So, I guess the regional settings are just fine. However, I just found also out that the hands which have a funny date also show strange stack sizes in the replayer, like all the players have something like 1000000.

Jerinho
05-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Now I imported all the hands I've played this year in the new database. Things are stiil screwed up I guess, since today's result shows a small profit instead of the rather large loss I've suffered today. Also, I guess a fair amount of the played hands are missing.

No more hands in June though. Anyway, I still hope you guys have some more ideas about this one.

EDIT: Ok, this happens next:

I decided to play 2-3 hands to see if everything imports ok. I play them, refresh, but nothing happens. Then, I realize I forgot to turn on Auto Import. So I turn on Auto Import and refresh again. Then all of a sudden today's tab shows an extra K hands. I refresh again, and again another K hands are added. Now I have the amount of hands I've played today and also the result seems correct.

Is it possible I've loaded a bulk of "corrupted" hand histories in the former database?

Patvs
05-17-2011, 11:10 PM
set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) en reboot.

Welke PostgreSQL versie gebruik je?
Update naar: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/78921-1-11-06g-pre-release.html

Op welke site heb je de handen gespeeld die je importeert, PokerStars?

Kijk ook even of je computer tijd en datrum klopt en dat die klok toevallig niet een week/maand in de toekomst staat ingesteld.

---

Nadat je die auto import startte had je dus ALLE gespeelde handen van gisteren gewoon zichtbaar in HoldemManager?
"and also the result seems correct."
Dus wat werkt er nou nog steeds niet goed?

Jerinho
05-18-2011, 02:15 PM
set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) en reboot.

Welke PostgreSQL versie gebruik je?
Update naar: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/78921-1-11-06g-pre-release.html

Op welke site heb je de handen gespeeld die je importeert, PokerStars?

Kijk ook even of je computer tijd en datrum klopt en dat die klok toevallig niet een week/maand in de toekomst staat ingesteld.

---

Nadat je die auto import startte had je dus ALLE gespeelde handen van gisteren gewoon zichtbaar in HoldemManager?
Dus wat werkt er nou nog steeds niet goed?

I'm going to import all the hands again and see if there are any problems. So far everything looks ok.

Playing on ipoker. Time settings are correct. Also, changing the formatting didn't correct the hands. So my guess still is that some HH's are screwed.

netsrak
05-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

Jerinho
05-20-2011, 06:20 AM
I've send you a file per email with the HH's which are screwing things up.

What's more, Ive tested those files on my old pc in a new test database. Also on this PC there are the same problems. Definitedly looks like te files are not ok.

Is it possible to delete HH's which are imported on a certain date? Or is it always the date the hands were played on?

netsrak
05-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Its always the data from the handhistory

Patvs
05-20-2011, 08:49 AM
The import date isn't recorded anywhere.

Only the date the hand was played is added to the database.

Jerinho
05-20-2011, 09:08 AM
The import date isn't recorded anywhere.

Only the date the hand was played is added to the database.

Ok, thx. That makes deleting files with messed up dates less easy.