PDA

View Full Version : Error installing

b1oshock
05-14-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm using windows 7 and at the end of instalation error appears saying "could not install postgreSQL" and when i trurn on HM the message appears : " the following error occured when trying to opoen the database: failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1." Is this because of windows or it's a common problem? thank you

Patvs
05-14-2011, 10:48 PM
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

---

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Of turn off User Account Control (UAC) completely and reboot.

b1oshock
05-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Doesn't work... I think I did everything u said, but still when i try to install error occures.
Connection to database failed: -->could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

And somehow another user accured when i turn on my PC there is "my user" "postgres".
And when i try to uninstall postgres not all of the files uninstalls

Patvs
05-17-2011, 02:33 AM
The new postgres user is normal.

Install PostgreSQL 8.2 from PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.21/win32/postgresql-8.2.21-1.zip)

Which error do you get during the installation?

b1oshock
05-17-2011, 04:31 AM
It's all good with this version. Thank you !