PDA

View Full Version : Ongame database corrupted

Sampson
03-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I started having problems using holdem manager with ongame (Hollywood poker if it matters). Most of the time, holdem manager simply wasn't importing hands and my ongame .db file was losing all of its data (no sessions shown in session browser within ongame client) which I assume is due to some sort of corruption. Prior to that, everything worked great for probably at least six months.

I have tried the ramdisk solution, but this has not fixed the problem. I just played a session and during the first game I played, everything worked great. Then during the second session I noticed that new hands were not being imported. I checked the .db file on my ram disk and it now has a size of 0 KB.

Are you guys working on fixing this issue? Did ongame change something a few weeks ago that caused this to start happening? I seem to remember an ongame update happening around the time this started...:(

Al1
03-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Can you try this version and tell me if it persists: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

Have you created a new DB to see if it works: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

Sampson
03-04-2009, 01:47 PM
I have not yet tried creating a new HM DB. Has something changed in the DB creation process in newer versions of HM that could possibly fix my issue? I will try the new version first and then create a new DB if the problem persists.

Al1
03-06-2009, 03:25 PM
I have not yet tried creating a new HM DB. Has something changed in the DB creation process in newer versions of HM that could possibly fix my issue? I will try the new version first and then create a new DB if the problem persists.

Generally, those issue happen when your DB is corrupted, sometimes you can reindex your DB if you have an error message with a specific index but it's not the case for you.

Sampson
03-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I just realized that there might be some confusion here...when I talk about the ongame .db file or the database I am referring to the database that is created by the ongame client software that stores session statistics. My Holdem manager database has not lost any data, it is the ongame database that losses data because of holdem manager. Should I still try creating a new holdem manager database? Also, I have noticed that this problem does not occur on my laptop which runs Vista even though I have not created a ram disk.

Al1
03-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Can you check your archive folder and tell me if your hands are here. Generally C:\HMArchive

shahrad
05-03-2009, 08:17 AM
I have the same problem. I use the PLO manager. My database exists in the archive, but the original database created by ongame becomes corrupted and doesn't save the hands anymore. I have to make a new database. The problem is easy to solve, if I only could disable archiving my Ongame database. But I don't know how I can do this.

morny
05-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Options > Misc Options > Change Archive Duration and set it to something really large but you cant turn it off