PDA

View Full Version : Big Pot stat

IglooKing
03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Hello,

I'd like to add a custom stat of "# hands player won pot > 100 bb per 1000 hands".

Is it possible to include filters like Player Won BBs is Bigger than... in custom stats? How might I do this?

Thanks!

PCP Poker
03-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for here. If I understand correctly, you want a count of how many big pots the player wins per 1000 hands? So, if the player won 15 pots larger than 100 bb, and they played 10,000 hands, you would want the stat to show 1.5? Explain it a little more and I could write the custom stat for you easily.

I'm not sure how this stat would be useful though. Any moron can win an occasional big pot, and still be a tremendous loser overall....

I think maybe a stat that shows big pots won vs small pots won, or maybe win % in big pots would be much more useful.

IglooKing
03-04-2009, 11:40 AM
thanks for the reply.

this is indeed what i wanted. and you are also correct that alone it would be useless, but i just figured that if i got some ideas for creating the wins/1000 stat, i could create the losses per 1000 stat on my own.

i envisioned this then leading to stats like you mentioned, including win % in big pots, tendency to play big pots, and maybe even tendency to play big pots based on position or street.

thanks again and if you could get me started on writing these that would be great!

PCP Poker
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
OK, this stat shows Pots that were bigger that 100 big blinds won by the player per 1000 hands played. This is not a net win of over 100 bb's, just a pot size bigger than 100 bb's as I assumed this is what you were looking for. Just add the contents of this file to your CustomStats.txt file, close down HM, and start HM back up. It should appear in the Custom Stats section of your Add Stats dialog box.

Any problems, let me know.

PCP Poker
03-05-2009, 12:21 AM
FYI, the stat for losses could be a lot more tricky than the stat for wins. To find out if a player won, you only need to know their netamountwon is > 0. However, it's not as simple when they lost. They could have a negative netamountwon, but not have been incredibly involved in the hand, so therefore shouldn't be considered as losing a big pot. One way to combat this would be to decide on some parameters, such as including only hands where they were all in, saw a showdown, they made it to the turn, or something to that effect. I'm kind of interested in this now, since my stat shows I only win 7.2 big pots per 1000 hands. Of course, with nothing to compare it to, I don't know if that's bad or good.