PDA

View Full Version : HEM responsible for Everest crash on my computer ?

Anchois
03-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi,

I play on Everest Poker, using HEM (which is great by the way) but I have been having a problem recently : Everest Poker suddenly crashes from time to time when I'm using HEM at the same time, with that error message :

http://f.imagehost.org/0444/Bug.png

I'm using Windows Vista, but have had this problem only a few days ago (no HEM update since that date) It might not be related to HEM, but a guy from the technical support of Everest told me it might be (they're investigating on it).

If your guys have any idea of the problem, I'd be glad to hear what I can do about it.

Thanks.

morny
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Unfortunately theres not much we can do since the error is related to their software so weve no way of debugging what caused it, if it was the other way around we could enable logging and try and figure it out. Its not the first time that Everest support have said something similar but if this is a known issue that theyve figured out its HM if they let us know what the issue is we can look into it on our end.

coelho
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
I have the same issue, where suddenly all Everest windows close. But I have another problem too when using HM and Everest at the same moment:

A prompt tone, and from that moment on HM doesn't import anymore. Have to close the application and restart to get it back on track again. Related?

morny
03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
When it stops importing next time, go to the HH folder and see if there is a HH relating to that table, then open the HH and see if its still writing the HH as it should include the last few hands youve played if you scroll to the bottom

coelho
03-03-2009, 04:18 PM
quite sure it does write, because when I restart and start Auto Import again, there are always a number of hands more imported than duplicate (so a number of hands are imported for the first time into HM).

So at the end I don't miss any hands, it's only stopping with updating the HUD and data in HM.

morny
03-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Next time it happens can you go the event viewer in Control Panel > Admin Tools and in the applications section is there any errors/event corresponding to the time it happens?

Anchois
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately theres not much we can do since the error is related to their software so weve no way of debugging what caused it, if it was the other way around we could enable logging and try and figure it out. Its not the first time that Everest support have said something similar but if this is a known issue that theyve figured out its HM if they let us know what the issue is we can look into it on our end.

Hi,

I appreciate your quick answer and I'm sure you would do what's possible to fix the problems if you had what it took to fix it.
It's been a week, and after several conversations with Everest support, they told me they would try to contact HM support to see what can be done.

Have you heard anything of them since I posted my message ? Do you think you can contact them directly ?
The problem is now systematic and I can't open HM while playing on Everest.

Thanks.

Rvg72
03-13-2009, 03:21 AM
Hi, they have not contacted me but could you try one thing since it seems to be pretty chronic with you. Could you run HM without the Table Manager running - so start auto import and keep that on but close the Table Manager.

If it still happens then this tells us that it has something to do with HM reading the hand history files. If it stops happening then it has something to do with the way the HUD interacts with the tables.

Thanks,
Roy

Anchois
04-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Bump !
I still have this problem and I've tried to run HM without the Table Manager running without success.
The most puzzling part is that I've had a crash disk and had to reinstall Windows/HM/Everest and I4m still having the same problem.

Please tell me you now have some kind of solution :|

morny
04-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder

Anchois
04-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
Here it is.

morny
04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Please go to Options > Configure auto import folders and edit your import folder from C:\Program Files\Everest Poker to C:\Program Files\Everest Poker\History

There are some text files in the Everest Poker folder that HM mistakes for hand histories and archives them, without these files it will cause the crash

Anchois
04-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks, that fixed the problem.

morny
04-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Roy also fixed it on our end, it will no longer move those files.