PDA

View Full Version : Database management questions

El Helado
03-03-2009, 08:38 AM
1) Can I move the DB i am using to another partition on my computer without getting any problems? How?

2) I read here HOW you vacuum but it doesnt really say what it is. Is vacuum always good and you dont lose any information?

3) It also said that a pgadmin ANALYZE will speed up the DB, really :P? It appears that it does not fix anything :). I went to pgadmin and then pressed it and there comes up messages but it appears that the analyze stops. I can never press the OK-button but after a few seconds it doesnt come up anymore messages. Why!??! Fix?!

EDIT: It appears that vacuum does the same thing :(. It pauses after a few seconds

morny
03-03-2009, 02:43 PM
1) You can move it via export and import or backup and restore
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

2) I dont know the technical details but basically it reorganises the database so when its running a search it takes less time

3) It will appear to freeze while doing this, and depending on the size of the database it couldnt take a few seconds,minutes or hours. When its finished the ok button will become visible again and no longer greyed out

El Helado
03-05-2009, 07:47 PM
1) You can move it via export and import or backup and restore
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

2) I dont know the technical details but basically it reorganises the database so when its running a search it takes less time

3) It will appear to freeze while doing this, and depending on the size of the database it couldnt take a few seconds,minutes or hours. When its finished the ok button will become visible again and no longer greyed out

Tried to restore but got this error message at the end :(

WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 149

EDIT: I can do import/export but the problem is that when u create a new DB in HM then you cannot choose to create the new DB on another partition. HEEELP!

El Helado
03-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Please answer on how I can change the location of the DBs. I do not wish to have it on C:.

morny
03-06-2009, 03:35 PM
If you dont want the database on C then do as i originally suggested but also uninstall PostgreSQL from C resintall it on D instead and then reimport the hands and your database will now be stored on D or wherever you want

El Helado
03-07-2009, 02:04 AM
I successfully backuped the DB and reloaded and it first appeared to work fine.

Now, thou the HUD is correct etc the actual HM itself has errors.
I just changed nickname at a site and now I have played 78 hands on that table and I also have 78 hands on a new player named MrJanos.

However, I cannot find neither of these players (the new nick) when I search in HM and when I go to "Players" and search for people playing right now then I do find the other 4 players that I had HHs on but not us 2 new ones.

Help!?!?

morny
03-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Did the hands for the new nick definetely import? Are the import folders set correctly to import them?

Can you try playing a couple of hands with the new nickname with auto import off then manually import the hands, does it show the hands imported successfully or is there errors?

Lastly are all the filters cleared?

El Helado
03-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Did the hands for the new nick definetely import? Are the import folders set correctly to import them?

Can you try playing a couple of hands with the new nickname with auto import off then manually import the hands, does it show the hands imported successfully or is there errors?

Lastly are all the filters cleared?

Yes, it got increased 1 hand by 1.

No filters but it shouldnt matter right when u do a player search, because they arnt filtered.

I can try again.

morny
03-07-2009, 11:48 AM
email me and ill do a teamviewer session to have a look,

can you keep a few hand histories that i can import to test myself

morny@holdemmanager.net

El Helado
03-08-2009, 01:22 PM
email me and ill do a teamviewer session to have a look,

can you keep a few hand histories that i can import to test myself

morny@holdemmanager.net

Email sent.

It is superstrange BTW, now a few hands has been imported today BUT I only half of them. I have won 1600$ and yet it only shows 673$, way off.

The HUD shows the correct sum thou :S. Superstrange.

Btw, the HUD has 61 hands filtered for 4handed play but according to the "Reports"-tab I only have played 49 hands.

El Helado
03-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Fudge! It appears that all my nicks only import a frac+tion of the hands now. Played on absolute and Ipoker too and they only +catched 38 and 59 hands which is a bit strange since I played over 200 on both.

Is this a common thing when U backup and restore the DB?

EDIT: According to the CT-history I have played 44+29+41+32+2+34+40 hands today. Gaaah! Heeelp!

El Helado
03-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Please reply, i am playing daily and I am in need of HM to work!

morny
03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Looks like theres an issue with the database, to verify create a new database, play a session and see if its still missing hands. Export > Import is more reliable than backup and restore but obviously it takes longer, its very likely that if the first backup and restore failed that it might be something wrong with the original database and so youll probably be better doing export and import

El Helado
03-10-2009, 01:20 PM
After importing for 38 hours I finally got most of my hands from the DB to a new one and it will probably work correctly now, right?

But there is one problem. The hands I played between i have restored the DB and for the new DB is missing! I tried to export all hands from the DB the hands that were missing didnt reimport in the new DB. How can I fix that?

I also tried to import from the "moved HHs" but no HHs were new.

Help!

morny
03-10-2009, 01:47 PM
So you opened the database which you used temporaraly while having this issue, exported the hands from that database and they didnt import into the new one? If so email me those exported hands and ill see if theres an issue with them, also sometimes moving the files to a new folder works a treat and then import from that new folder morny@holdemmanager.net

El Helado
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
So you opened the database which you used temporaraly while having this issue, exported the hands from that database and they didnt import into the new one? If so email me those exported hands and ill see if theres an issue with them, also sometimes moving the files to a new folder works a treat and then import from that new folder morny@holdemmanager.net

I exported the entire DB but when I go back to those dates (6-8 march) it is still only 65$ rake and like 50 hands even thou I raked for over $200 and played more then 300 hands.

So I do not have these targeted hands but since they were correctly displayed in the HUD I assumed that they somehow was in the DB but not shown in HM. But this was not the case.

morny
03-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Email me all the hands from 6-8march and ill see if there is any errors

El Helado
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Email me all the hands from 6-8march and ill see if there is any errors

I would but the problem is that there is missing hands. The ones that are shown that I can export doesnt have any problems. And I cannot really export the hands that are not shown.