PDA

View Full Version : Hud is jumping all over the place

spank2
05-13-2011, 06:02 PM
No clue what I'm doing wrong??? When I right click and drag it to where I want it to be, then save position it still doesn't seem to work. For example the stats on the person in seat 6 are under his name, then someone makes a bet and it jumps in front of seat 5. Sometimes the same guys stats are in 3 or 4 different places at a time. I play mtt/sng on stars and I sit in seat 5 for every tourney and told hem where I sit if that helps. Thanks in advance

Patvs
05-13-2011, 08:39 PM
-1 double check the seating preferences, read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating

-2 make sure HoldemManager can actually SAVE those settings by giving HoldemManager administrator privileges:

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. (or completely turn off Windows User Account Control and reboot)

spank2
05-13-2011, 11:07 PM
I checked the seating preferences, that is fine. Then checked and I have the latest update, but the rest of that is Chinese to me. I have windows xp, but don't know where to begin to do that?

Sarek
05-14-2011, 04:45 AM
1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
= They are: \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref2.txt and pospref4.txt.
3) Start HM, run Auto Import and open ONE table.
4) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (asterisk).
5) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.
6) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
7) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.

spank2
05-14-2011, 04:40 PM
still doesn't seem to work. I did everything you said, get the stats where I want them, save them, and then as soon as I am back on the table they are jumping all over again??? When I go to \Holdem Manager\Config\ there is also a pospref2.bak and pospref4.bak do they need to be deleted as well?

Patvs
05-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Manually run a Windows Update and install ALL updates?
Windows XP is already updated to Service Pack 3, with all .net framework updates installed?

When you click on control panel--> users--> it shows you have an administrator account?

You don't have to delete the .bak files.

spank2
05-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Does it matter that I use google chrome instead of internet explorer?
Maybe windows won't update with google chrome?

Patvs
05-16-2011, 03:33 AM
You completely removed / are unable to start Internet Explorer?

For the Windows Update, I think you do need to be able to run Internet Explorer.
Download and install Internet Explorer 9.0 manually enabling you to run the Windows Update.