PDA

View Full Version : problem importing a HUD layout?

ffrllc
03-02-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm trying to import a HUD layout from one HM DB to another. Both versions are 1.08 beta 7.

I've followed the instructions from the FAQ's, but can't seem to get the new import to apply.

Just to recap, this is what I tried:
From the HM DB I want the layout from, I opened HUD Options > Player Preferences. Then I selected the site from the drop down menu and clicked "Export" and saved it to my desktop. I then emailed that file (still named default) to my machine with the HM DB I'd like to use that layout on.

On the HM DB I want to import this new layout I saved that file from email to that desktop. Then opened HM > HUD Options > Player preferences. I then selected the same site from the drop down menu and click import. I get a pop up telling me to make sure Table manager isn't running (it's not). I get another pop up letting me know there is already a configuration file named default and asked if I wanted to overwrite the settings. I click yes. Then apply at the bottom and close.

But it doesn't seem to be overwrting the old default layout as the new layout doesn't show when I fire up some tables to check.

Any idea what I can be doing wrong here?

Thanks.

morny
03-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Try renaming it something other than default and try again, also make sure the table manager is closed before starting

ffrllc
03-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Hmm, I still get the same pop up saying that there is already a configuration file named default. This seems strange to me as I'm now trying to import a file with a name "newlayout"...NOT "default" like before.

I tried clicking yes to overwrite, but the new layout still has not been applied. I still have my old layout.

Any other ideas to try?

Thanks.

ffrllc
03-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Any suggestions for what I should try next? I really want to get a layout from one PC to another and would hate to have to enter everything again unless there was no other way.

Thanks.

ffrllc
03-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Ok, last bump. Just wanted to see one last time if anyone had any idea what I can try.

Thanks.

Al1
03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Has you layout been imported finally? Can you see it in "HUD Options => Player Preferences"?

If yes, you can have to configure your checked boxes correctly: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=135

ffrllc
03-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes. I actually do see it when I go into HUD option > player preferences. When I open Player preferences, I see the correct configuration for the new layout I want, but when I open up some tables I don't get that layout. I still get the old layout I used before importing this new one.

The boxes all seem to be correctly checked as per the link you provided.
* 6m is checked
* FT is selected
* Default configuration is selected

(I tried importing the new layout with the name "default" and then again later with the name "newlayout". I don't see the options to select "newlayout" in the configuration drop down in Player Pereferences.

Al1
03-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Can you reinstall HM.

1) Make a backup of the "Config" folder in a safe location, this folder is in the RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ folder

3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upgrade HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it works for a while and if it does proceed to step 9
9) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Test if it works again for another while and if it does proceed to step 11
11) Import your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
12) Test if it works

ffrllc
03-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Ok, I followed all those steps and uninstalled everything, then re-installed, then upgraded to the new 1.08 beta 16 version. Everything went smooth with all those steps.

I still can't seem to get this new layout to apply at the tables for some reason. It shows all the correct data in the Player preferences window, but it doesn't show like that when I actually open some tables

After following your steps, for the first time I now have the option to select "new Layout" in the configuration drop down menu in player preferences, but even when I select that, it doesn't show that layout at the tables.

The default layout now does show the new layout as well so the import of the new layout must have been accepted. The problem is just that the HUD at the table doesn't show what I have set in the Player Preferences window.

Here's a screen shot of the player Preferences window:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/ffrllc/PlayerPreferences.jpg

Here's a screen shot of the HUD at a table:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/ffrllc/TableHUD.jpg

The difference in the above example is that the table HUD shows a couple extra stats than what it should according to the Player Preferecnes window. The table HUD shows turn cbet and fold to turn cbet stats where I don't have them in the Player Preferences window. (they are in the HUD next to cbet and fold to cbet, so for example the player "fidodell" shows 32.5 and 36.7 for these stats that should not be displaying).

I want to make some other changes to my HUD, but no changes will actually apply.

What should I try next?

Thanks.

Al1
03-06-2009, 09:14 PM
It seems that the layout you try to import is corrupted.

Can you attach this layout please.

ffrllc
03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
I've attached the file I exported from the HM DB with the layout I'd like to use.

I simply opened Player preferences and selected "export'.