PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL installation

sho71
03-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi,

When i try to instal postgresql I get nowhere. This message is given:

C:\Users\MG\AppData\Local\Temp can not be saved since an unknown error ocurred.

Try saving to another place.

My problem is I dont get to choose anything i e no choice of destination for the installation file is possible.

Im stuck...

morny
03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Try using a different browser to download the file

sho71
03-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi,

managed to download with other browser. Thank you for that.

extracting with Winrar

everything starts and I choose english as setup language and then I get the same message as CodyH (couldnt open package....)

How do I proceed.

morny
03-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Are you sure you extracted it properly? Thats the error you get when you dont extract it first, maybe you extracted and opened it within winrar if so you need to close winrar and open the file from the folder that winrar extracted it to

sho71
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
I tried both with the same result.

First within winrar

second opened file on desktop which started the installation program. I got to choose language but then the process was stopped and the same message was given

morny
03-03-2009, 03:26 PM
If you right click the unzipped file and choose properties what is the exact size of the file?

sho71
03-03-2009, 04:10 PM
The file is 160768 unzipped

morny
03-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Thats weird, its saying its 160mb according to that, postgres is only about 25mb, try downloading this version and when its finished download it should show the total 24.7mb download so verfify it downloaded the whole lot. Some browsers say 100% complete when it didnt download the full file so that might be your issue, you could also use a different browser if you want in case theres issues with the current one.

sho71
03-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi,

the whole archive folder is 24,7 mb zipped

the file postgresql-8.3.msi which i click to start the installation is 160k unzipped

sho71
03-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Any ideas?

morny
03-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Please email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net

sho71
08-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi,

Ive downloaded team viewer for supportsession
Cant get the postgre installed
Some problem with windows installer and the package (postgre file)

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi,

Ive downloaded team viewer for supportsession
Cant get the postgre installed
Some problem with windows installer and the package (postgre file)

Please explain the error in detail, so we can have a better idea of the problem. It may be something simple that we can explain how to do. Also tell us your operating system - if it's Vista, turn off UAC.

Have you not had any problems since morny last helped you?? Or are you just now finally replying to this thread from March??

sho71
08-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi, I have Vista but cant find where or what I should turn off.

Morny asked me too do a team viewer session but we never got around to it

When I try to open the Postgresql msi file I get to where I can choose english as set up language but after that I get this msg:

Installation package cant be opened. Confirm that the package exists or conntact the program provider to confirm that its a viable program for windows installer.

/Martin

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi, I have Vista but cant find where or what I should turn off.

Morny asked me too do a team viewer session but we never got around to it

When I try to open the Postgresql msi file I get to where I can choose english as set up language but after that I get this msg:

Installation package cant be opened. Confirm that the package exists or conntact the program provider to confirm that its a viable program for windows installer.

/Martin

Morny no longer works here.

If you only double clicked the postgresql.zip download, you only opened it up in a preview window of sorts.

- Right-Click > Extract All to your postgresql.zip file.
- That should create a new folder with the contents, which should allow the setup to run properly.
- If you have any issues with the windows not having an Extract menu under Right-Click, try www.7zip.org.

Now you should be able to follow the SQL installation instructions.

Vista: Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Turn off Windows Firewall for installing HM and PostgreSQL. Once you get those installed you can add exceptions to the firewall. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL.

Install PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176

Install HM - http://holdemmanager.net/setup/holdemManager.html

Update to the latest HM Beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Follow the Quick Start Guide - http://holdemmanager.net/setup/QuickStartGuide.html

If you have any issues or need assistance, please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.

sho71
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi,

The UAC is turned off.

The windows firewall is turned off.

Ive extracted the msi file to the desktop. When i run it its not working.

Could we do a TV session?

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Sure. I am all booked up the rest of this evening, but I should be available tomorrow late afternoon and all evening.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.

sho71
08-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi Im home all eavning today friday, u have time for a TV session?

fozzy71
08-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Yes, I will just need to check the availability of the teamviewer connection.

I just realized you are in Sweden. It may be difficult for us to schedule a time. I am in the USA in EST. I typically do not start my remote support sessions til after 6pm here, which is midnight or later for you. It may be easier for you to schedule with my support manager, Fabio, as he lives in Germany. Your schedules may mesh a lot better.

If you want to try and schedule with him instead, please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.