PDA

View Full Version : Not importing all hands

little p
03-02-2009, 04:43 AM
hi, i recently got a new computer. i transfered all the settings (i.e HUD settings and contents of the config folder) to my new computer but decided to just start again and not import the hands

the problem i have is now when im playing on FTP it is not importing all hands, but is doing the vast majority, for example today i played 1585 hands according to full tilt stats but HEM said i only played 1440, i have no filters turned on or anything so thats not the problem. i presume all hand histories are being saved, but why isnt HEM importing all hands

any help......

TheGeekXIV
03-02-2009, 12:29 PM
This is happening to me too! I got a new laptop and reinstalled HEM and this has stared to happen.

I was 4 tabling on Pacific and not all the hands are coming up in my Session tab or in my Reports tab. I'm not sure if it's only importing hands from certain tables or if it's importing random hands from all the tables but something isn't right. Actually I've just looked through my hand histories and there are hands from each of the 4 tables being imported but not all of them, only random hands.

All my stats are changing as normal on the table, and all the villains stats are updating after every hand so it seems that HEM is recognising me as a villain and not as the Hero for some reason, as my stats at the table are perfect but not showing up in my reports as Hero hands.

Could this be to do with seating preferences or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is very frustrating!

morny
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Can you export your hands http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 and then create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimport the hands and see if there is still an issue

TheGeekXIV
03-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I've tried that and it hasn't worked.

I just played some games on PokerStars and played 379 hands and HEM only shows 175 hands for the session, and there are hands from all 6 tables I was playing.

EDIT: After doing what you said above, I made sure all my Alias information and Hero information was correct, closed HEM and opened it again and restarted the Auto Import, and all the missing hands from the PokerStars session was imported properly. I still think it's missing some of the Pacific hands from earlier but I think (hope) that may have solved it. I'll report back later if I play again and it's fixed.

Cheers for the help.

AcemasterBR
03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Having the same problem here, already tried to export hands, create a new DB and import and still got those hands missed.

It was working fine bfore i format my pc and reinstall it yesterday...after that, i tried 2 sessions n got missed hands on both.

What can i do ? I´m running as administrator, im doing everything like i used to in the early system, but its not working.

HELP !??

little p
03-03-2009, 02:59 AM
so i tried what morny said but no good, still get the same amount of hands back.

i just had a thought that maybe it has something to do with the backup and restore database thing, i followed the instructions in the FAQ on how to do that but for some reason i just kinda forgot about that and really not even sure why i did that. i was going to transfer all my data from my old comp, but just decided that i would start again, but now i can only get the majority of hands, not all.

any ideas what i can try next??

morny
03-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Email all the HHs to morny@holdemmanager.net and ill see if theres a problem with them, also link to this thread

little p
03-03-2009, 09:10 AM
sorry, im a bit of a noob. where/how do i get all the HH?

dragenhemsk
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
I suffer from a similar problem, but in my case it seems import is working fine, because all the HUD stats are proper, including won/lost.
Then when I check the session reports everything is correct but the amounts won/lost. (and possibly the number of hands.)
Anyway, the problem appeared after a reinstall. I play on Prima.
I too have tried to create a new database, but the issue remains.

morny
03-03-2009, 01:57 PM
sorry, im a bit of a noob. where/how do i get all the HH?

They should be in C:\HMarchive otherwise it would have been a folder you specified yourself

I suffer from a similar problem, but in my case it seems import is working fine, because all the HUD stats are proper, including won/lost.
Then when I check the session reports everything is correct but the amounts won/lost. (and possibly the number of hands.)
Anyway, the problem appeared after a reinstall. I play on Prima.
I too have tried to create a new database, but the issue remains.

Have you checked the filters and cleared them on the session TAB, maybe you can post a screenshot of both screens in a new thread showing the difference

ehle
03-04-2009, 04:50 AM
Hello, i have the same problem, too.

I play on stars and HEM don't import all hands when i use "auto import".

I have tried to resend the handhistories per email and to import it. HEM says "duplicate hands" of all. But when i look in the .txt file i see the hands which are missing.

I send the email of the Handhistories to you

morny
03-04-2009, 09:07 AM
I replied, those hands import fine so looks like your database may be corrupt, please create a new one

berserk
03-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Well, I've been having the same problem. Now I went through the process of exporting and reimporting into a new database, and as far as I can tell with new hands being imported it is working correctly (at least in a 25 hand test session I played).

However, it has brought a whole slew of new problems - at times, I can't open HM because the PostgreSQL service has stopped and can't be started. This can be fixed by restarting, but is a pain. I'm still investigating as to when this happens.

Also, upon the "fixing" of my database, it seems that almost all hands have been duplicated. The exact same hand appears twice almost always, perhaps even everywhere except where the original hand was missing originally. Is there a way to purge all duplicated hands in the database? (I'm talking about 500k hands that are all in there twice). Not sure why this happened. For what its worth, it also did a separate import of my last 15k hands (which I believe were the hands that had been missing 1/4) after I had imported the rest of the old DB, of which it said about 12k were duplicates (which is consistent with the ratio of missing hands to not missing hands).

morny
03-04-2009, 07:09 PM
When you exported and reimported did you restore a database or reimport the original HH, usually restoring a database to a non empty one can cause the duplication so youll need to create a new database and reimport the hands by importing the original or exported HHs

For the postgresql stopping problem follow this thread http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

berserk
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I reimported the exported HHs to a new database, and did not restore a database to a non-empty one (the process took about 1-2 hours to export, and then about 10 hours to reimport the hands into the new database so if possible i'd like to avoid doing that again with ~3.5m hands)

little p
03-05-2009, 01:59 AM
so i created a new database and imported the hands from the HEM archive folder, and did not restore old database or anything and so far so good

thanks for the help!

ehle
03-05-2009, 03:10 AM
hi morny,

now the .txt file which i have send you is imported but there is the other problem again.

HEM doesn't import all lines of a .txt file!

Don't know what i have to do. I have done all tipps :-(

morny
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
What do you mean all lines?