PDA

View Full Version : I cant to install hm

Kaijo
05-12-2011, 05:39 PM
hello

I have a new pc and I try to install again hm but impossible..

That say me : psqIInit.exe has stopped working

What can I do ??

Patvs
05-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Then manually install PostgreSQL by downloading 8.4.8 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

Before you install it, turn off Windows User Account Control (UAC) on your computer and reboot.

Kaijo
05-14-2011, 07:00 AM
I have windows 7 home premium, windows firewall and I use avast anti virus

netsrak
05-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Did you check and try what Pat posted?
What error message do you get when you install the standalone postgresql version?

If it fails try to install postgresql to another folder/partition like c:\postgres or d:\postgres

Kaijo
05-14-2011, 07:17 AM
"The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also. "

I dont understand what I have to do in Services.. ?

Patvs
05-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Find the service called "secondary logon"
Rightclick on it--> properties--> and change the startup type to automatic *and make sure the service status = started (click start if it wasn't running)

Kaijo
05-14-2011, 11:33 AM
I turned off windows firewall and the UAC before to install hold em manager. Now HM work !

Thanks guys !!