PDA

View Full Version : can't get into HM/stopped importing

Pokerer
05-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi, Holdem manager has been playing up,has started missing hands and then stopped importing them.

Now when i run HM it says "The following error occured when trying to open the database.Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'"?

I started a threads afew days ago which you told me to update to the new version,i did this but still this problem of missing hands/stopping importing persists.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Patvs
05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Pokerer
06-28-2011, 12:27 PM
The things you suggested doing havent worked so im going to have to reinstall PostgreSQL again.Does this mean all my hands will be lost that ive played and all the hands on my opponents?as it'll be a new database (sorry, as you can tell i have no clue about this sort of thing)

Patvs
06-28-2011, 07:50 PM
If you reinstall PostgreSQL, it should detect the old database, which you won't lose.

However, if you get connection errors (during the installation), or PostgreSQL won't run after the installation, it can be caused by a corruption in your database, and you'll have to reimport your hands into a new database.

Pokerer
07-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Everytime i win it says i lost and when i lose it says i won(for the sesssion).
Dont really understand all the things youy are telling me to do,at the moment the only thing HEM is doing that i use is the HUD.Missing so many hands and results are all wrong.

Feel like just deleteing it the whole thing and buying it again.Can you please help.

How do i reinstall postgreSQL,i think i did something but it has had no effect on the fact that hands continue to be missed and my results arent being tracked properly.

Patvs
07-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Update to http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

Create a NEW database. Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

And run a import from folder on your archive folder, C:/HMArchive.