PDA

View Full Version : Error when starting HEM

martin dtc
05-12-2011, 10:18 AM
didnt do anything and now this happens...
I got this error:

an error occured when retrieving the player list:
error: xx001: invalid page header in block 842 of relation base/211573/211721

Hem is a bit slower and indeed my playerslist contain 0 players.

What can i do?>

fozzy71
05-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Your database is corrupt.

Export your Hand Histories
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands

Export Your Notes
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/notes-02.jpg

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback – Options > Rakeback & Bonuses http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/rakeback-bonuses-01.jpg

Export any tourney summaries by selecting all your tournaments in the Data View Sub-Tab of the Tourney > Results Menu and choose Export Tourney Results and summaries

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/tourney-data-view-01.jpg

Then can you create a new database http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database

Finally reimport all your hands/notes/summaries into the new database

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney histories/results.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

martin dtc
05-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I have a very large database, this will take forever to export and import.
Is it possible via dump/restore??

Also, I have a lot of bought hand histories imported. Will these be preserved if I export my hands via HEM? (I know they keep there when you dump/restore)

fozzy71
05-12-2011, 12:32 PM
I have a very large database, this will take forever to export and import.

Yes, it can take quite some time for big databases on slower machines.

Is it possible via dump/restore??

No. You would be making a backup of a corrupt database, which would restore as a corrupt database.

If you have old backup files from before the corruption you should be able to restore one of those. Then you can import any new hands that were played after the backup was created. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Also, I have a lot of bought hand histories imported. Will these be preserved if I export my hands via HEM? (I know they keep there when you dump/restore)

Yes, assuming you have never ran any of the Purge Hands options.

martin dtc
05-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Okay.
So exporting all hands and reimporting them seems inevatable.

What is your estimate on the time? I have a pretty quick PC, but probably over 10 million hands in my DB.

And can I use the HUD while exporting or importing these hands?

fozzy71
05-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Okay.
So exporting all hands and reimporting them seems inevatable.

What is your estimate on the time? I have a pretty quick PC, but probably over 10 million hands in my DB.

I wouldn't want to say anything specific, but possibly a couple hours to export, and much longer to import.

And can I use the HUD while exporting or importing these hands?

No, you can only use the HUD with Auto Import, not Import From Folder/File. I suggest you start the manual import before bed. If it is still going the next day and you need to play just Stop Import so you can Start Auto Import and play with the HUD. After your session you can Import From Folder again and it will get all the missed hands.

Patvs
05-12-2011, 09:42 PM
You can't use the HUD when importing/exporting these hands.

10 million hands should take... 3 days maybe...?
It's best to let them import overnight.
Before you start importing, update PostgreSQL to the latest version assign more RAM to PostgreSQL by editing PostgreSQL.conf, and turn off logging (read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html )

When you're done with the import. Create a backup of the entire database in pgadminIII: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

Restoring a backup of a 10 million hand database will only take 2 hours.

---

Instead of exporting them first: just import the original handhistories from your archive folder, C:/HMArchive, + the datamined hands

martin dtc
05-13-2011, 07:03 AM
I've exported them and now I am importing the whole bunch.
Will probably take 2 nights.. not a big problem.

What is a problem is that I cannot import the Rakeback/Bonuses and the notes into the new DB.
When I treid it said 0 bonus entries are updated, and 0 notes have been updated. But I checked and I have no notes or Rakeback/Bonuses in the new DB.

I can maybe write all the bonusses again, although this would take some time, but rewriting all the notes seems like a dayjob.

What can I do about this?

And also, how could it have happened that my DB got corrupted? How can I avoid this in the future?

netsrak
05-13-2011, 08:40 AM
You first need to import the hands, then in step 2 you should be able to import the notes and bonus for the players.

In future you should do regular backups of your database (once per month).

martin dtc
05-13-2011, 01:59 PM
You first need to import the hands, then in step 2 you should be able to import the notes and bonus for the players.

In future you should do regular backups of your database (once per month).

It does not work.
I exported the bonusses and the notes, but HEM updates 0. And there are non after I try...

Patvs
05-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Have you already imported all 10 million hands?

And the number of players in your database shows the same number of players as before?

A note can only be imported if the player that note belongs to exists in the database. Similarly a bonus (for example a bonus for May 1th, 2011) can only be imported if hands played at May 1th (or later) exist in the database.

martin dtc
05-14-2011, 07:36 AM
new issue in the new DB.
I imported overnight and it said 156 files found to import.
I just put the import on for the second time and it again found 156 files to import, and it just keep importing duplicates.
This way, the import seems to be everlasting..

Sarek
05-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Which method have you used for import?
The right one is Import from folder

martin dtc
05-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Which method have you used for import?
The right one is Import from folder

Yes, I use Import from folder......

martin dtc
05-14-2011, 01:39 PM
It is possible to only export hands I played myself?

cuz then I can try another way, and re-request some bought hand histories...

Patvs
05-14-2011, 10:16 PM
No, if you export ALL hands, it will also export all datamined hands.

martin dtc
05-15-2011, 06:42 AM
Really guys, I have a serious problem with HEM and every post of you was a single sentence or standard answer that could not help me any further.

What can I try or do about the importing of notes / bonusses?

When I open the exported files in wordpad it sais this:

Bonusses:
Holdem Manager Exported Bonus Plan: bonus,30000,09/15/10 17:00:00,,0,1
Holdem Manager Exported Bonus Plan: bonus,30000,09/03/10 17:00:00,,0,1
Holdem Manager Exported Bonus Plan: bonus,30000 etcetera

Notes:
----PLAYER NOTE----
~|~0~|~c/c JJ ipv cbet op Kxx 3 straten~|~4
----PLAYER NOTE----
~|~0~|~cbet NFD niet vs 2 spelers~|~4
----PLAYER NOTE----
~|~0~|~sud4bet/callt AK vs EP en ik in MP~|~7

etcetera...

Maybe you can detect a fault in these files, which can help u help me..

fozzy71
05-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Are you also trying to Import From Folder/File these? Each of these needs to be imported in a different manner than hands are imported.

Options > Notes > Import Notes > From ExportedNotes.HMNotes File...

Options > Settings > Rakeback & Bonuses > Import

martin dtc
05-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Are you also trying to Import From Folder/File these? Each of these needs to be imported in a different manner than hands are imported.

Options > Notes > Import Notes > From ExportedNotes.HMNotes File...

Options > Settings > Rakeback & Bonuses > Import

Yes, of course I know that....now what??

netsrak
05-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Sarek
05-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Sorry, what you mean?
1) Open old DB and export notes (and bonuses)
2) Open new DB and import hands.
3) After finishing hands import you will have players in DB. Now (and only after HH import) - do importing notes and they will be assigned to players.

martin dtc
05-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Okay I will do that..
In the meantime, could you try to import small versions of my bonusses and notes to see if your PC/HEM can handle them.
I added them to this message

(I had to convert the notes file to a txt file)

Patvs
05-16-2011, 03:51 AM
We can't import bonusses/notes, if the players those bonusses/notes belong to don't exist in our database.

Something definitely is wrong with your exported notes file, since it doesn't list any of the player names don't notes should be attached to.

In fact, hetzelfde is gaande met je Exported bonus file. De player namen staan nergens. Vandaar er niets gebeurd als je beide bestanden probeert te importeren. Er is iets volledigs misgegaan met de export. (waarschijnlijk een corruptie in je database van de index met alle namen van spelers)

martin dtc
05-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Could you show me how a txt file from exported bonusses should look like..
Where the player name should be et cetera.
This way I can add my playname in the txt file and then try to import them.
Otherwise I would have to overwrite all the bonusses and that will cost a lot of time

Patvs
05-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Holdem Manager Exported Bonus Plan: jan2009,40000,01/31/08 15:19:00,Patvs,1Holdem Manager Exported Bonus Plan: apr2009,2500,04/30/09 11:01:26,Patvs,1Holdem Manager Exported Bonus Plan: mei2009RTR,10000,05/31/09 11:01:58,Patvs,1Holdem Manager Exported Bonus Plan: jun2009,7000,06/26/09 15:17:14,Patvs,2Holdem Manager Exported Bonus Plan: jul2009,32500,07/10/09 01:52:35,Patvs,1