PDA

View Full Version : how does HM pick config from player's preference

Jun
08-02-2008, 01:11 AM
how does HM pick config from player's preference while a table is launched?

i had couple of configs setup in my player preferences but HM seem to prefer one config and always launch new tables with that config.

i found out that i could manually change that in table manager but is there anyway i can let HM know so i don't have to do this for every table in a session.

thx

-jun

fabio
08-02-2008, 04:31 AM
You can create different layouts and change them on the fly

Jun
08-02-2008, 08:14 AM
i don't think u got my problem.

hm will always put certain config for the new opened table. i don't see how do i tell hm that i want all of those table for a certain session to be using a certain config. i know i can change them on the fly but that was not my question.

thx

-jun

morny
08-02-2008, 10:36 AM
As a short term measure until you can change the default you can try this if your comfortable editing config files but please backup the prefs.xml file first. Close down HM and Open the prefs.xml file in notepad.

For my example i will be using 2 layouts, 1 called default and 1 called test.
When you open up the prefs.xml file youll see that the information for each is contained within 2 sections:

<default..... and </default>
<test.... and </test>

You need to change these 4 things and switch them around so that test becomes default and vice versa so now test will be posing as default and will be the 1st one to load. Save the prefs.xml file and reload HM and it will have changed. I havent tested this full so backup your files just in case.

Jun
08-02-2008, 04:10 PM
thx morney for the possible fix.

i actually found out a workaround that will trick hm to do what i wanted. i would like to share here in case anybody had the same problem.

basically, hm load default as the first priority of config for tables unless u had more cofigs that are created and ticked for each table types, hu, 6max, limit, nolimit, etc.

for example, if u have default, tmp1, tmp2 as the three configs. default is ticked for every tables. tmp1 is created for hu nl and tmp2 is created for 6-max nl. then,
untick all checkbox for tmp1 and tmp2 will make hm load default since default is ticked for everything.
untick nl&hu for tmp1 will make hm load tmp1 for all nl hu tables
untick nl&6-max for tmp2 will make hm load tmp2 for all nl 6max tables
so i basically have to menually go to each configs to tick/untick before i play a session with certain config. but the work is minimal and i kind of like this trick i found.

-jun