PDA

View Full Version : I have every problems possible with HEM!

Xvolier
05-11-2011, 01:34 PM
I bought a Dell XPS 15 that i received last week. I installed HEM on the new computer, made a backup on the old one and restored my hands on the new one.

For some reasons, all postflop stats on the hud was reset at 0 for everybody. Furthermore, A lot of hands were missing on my new sessions. So I deleted the database, exported the hands from my old computer instead of making a back up, and imported them into the new computer. It took 4 days to import!!!!!!!!!!

It finally finished last night and everything seemed to work well. I turn off the computer last night and turned it on this morning. I made a windows update and started HEM only to find out a ''couldn't connect to database error''. Read FAQ and uninstall and reinstall a few times SQL and now I'm stuck with this error when I'm trying to install it and there is nothing left of SQL on the computer and I did the command prompt line. I don't know what to do and I am freaking out!!!!!

Xvolier
05-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but I installed postgresql 9.0 beta and it seems to be working for now.

Patvs
05-11-2011, 07:45 PM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files and for pg_ctl.exe and postgres.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

---

If SQL 9.0.x works for you, just use that instead. (I use 9.0.x myself too...)
Do add pg_ctl.exe and postgres.exe to the firewall exceptions list.
Both files are in the PostgreSQL/9.0/bin folder.