PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions; Trying to make this workable

Lego05
08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
1.) And most importantly:

Is there any way to bind these stat boxes to the table they belong on. When I play I have a little bit of overlap between my tables....and when I click on a table it pops to the front and I can see all of that table and the parts that overlap with other tables I don't see those parts of the other tables....but the stats remain on top, they don't go with the table so I have the 1 table pop to the front and the overlapping parts of the other tables go behind, but the stat boxes from the other tables remain in front. Same thing when I click on a dealer tray and bring up that menu....the stat boxes will remain overtop of that menu. It makes it hard to see what I want to be seeing as it mixes up the stats and generally just clutters everything up and it makes it hard to do things cause if I click on that stat box I'm gonna get that big popup.

Here's a screenshot to illustrate what I'm saying (I whited out my Stars s/n where it was visible):

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9876/overlapny8.png

If this can be fixed than I think I can make this workable. If not though then it's going to be exceptionally hard for me to be able to figure out a way to be able to use this while playing (I don't think I'll be able to without cutting the # of stats down to what I already had available with Poker Tracker 2 or maybe even less than that). Where am I supposed to put these stat boxes while I have 8 or 9 tables up on my screen that won't make this overlap an issue? And I like having them right next to the player they go with, not that I have room to put them anywhere else anyway.

2.) It seems that when I close Pokerstars the next time I open it the HUD stats are no longer placed where I had put them last time and I have to move them all over again = Annoying. I have "Force Ontop" and "Lock the Layout" selected in the Table Preferences menu. Is there something else I need to select so that the next time I start Stars up I'll still have the same HUD layout I want? It's weird, it doesn't happen all the time....is there something I'm maybe doing that resets it. Weird....as I'm testing it now it seems to be working fine. I swear though it happened before.

3.) The main pop-up menu: How can I get rid of it? I got rid of all the other ones that come up when you put the cursor on a stat and added what I want. But how do you get rid of that big one that pops up when you click on the stat box? Haven't decided if I want it or not but I would like to know how to remove it.

I'm really hoping there's a fix for # 1 cause I wanna be able to use this and see how I like it.....would have to get used to the new look and picking out the stats obviously, but if I am able to get used to it and use it as efficiently as I was using what I had before than I think it'd be quite nice.

Thanks.

Lego05
08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I think you can forget number 2. I think I found the answer here:

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=701

And I need to go to the table manager and click file and then save positions.

I have another question though. I see people referring to panels. What are panels? By panel do you mean the whole stat box? Do you mean each individual line in the stat box? Is it possible to place each line individually in its own spot? I've now been trying to figure out how to do that as I think it might help be able to fit everything on the table near each player in a neater way where I can still see everything. It would probably be especially helpful if there's no way to fix the number 1 from my above post.

fabio
08-01-2008, 09:54 PM
1.) And most importantly:

Is there any way to bind these stat boxes to the table they belong on. When I play I have a little bit of overlap between my tables....and when I click on a table it pops to the front and I can see all of that table and the parts that overlap with other tables I don't see those parts of the other tables....but the stats remain on top, they don't go with the table so I have the 1 table pop to the front and the overlapping parts of the other tables go behind, but the stat boxes from the other tables remain in front. Same thing when I click on a dealer tray and bring up that menu....the stat boxes will remain overtop of that menu. It makes it hard to see what I want to be seeing as it mixes up the stats and generally just clutters everything up and it makes it hard to do things cause if I click on that stat box I'm gonna get that big popup.

You could disable the Abbrevations to save space on the table.

2.) It seems that when I close Pokerstars the next time I open it the HUD stats are no longer placed where I had put them last time and I have to move them all over again = Annoying. I have "Force Ontop" and "Lock the Layout" selected in the Table Preferences menu. Is there something else I need to select so that the next time I start Stars up I'll still have the same HUD layout I want? It's weird, it doesn't happen all the time....is there something I'm maybe doing that resets it. Weird....as I'm testing it now it seems to be working fine. I swear though it happened before.

Open only 1 table and adjust the stats, go to the Table Manager, File -> Save positions.

3.) The main pop-up menu: How can I get rid of it? I got rid of all the other ones that come up when you put the cursor on a stat and added what I want. But how do you get rid of that big one that pops up when you click on the stat box? Haven't decided if I want it or not but I would like to know how to remove it.

Not possible yet, sorry.

I have another question though. I see people referring to panels. What are panels? By panel do you mean the whole stat box? Do you mean each individual line in the stat box? Is it possible to place each line individually in its own spot? I've now been trying to figure out how to do that as I think it might help be able to fit everything on the table near each player in a neater way where I can still see everything. It would probably be especially helpful if there's no way to fix the number 1 from my above post.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=134

Lego05
08-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

I do have abbreviations disabled btw.

I just messed around with it using the paneling. I have it set up fairly nice.....I would like it.....except again for the overlap. Everything fits fine onto the table, but if I open something else up and have that pop to the front the stats stay in front instead of going to the back with the table.

Here it is now:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9702/newlayoutyo8.png

Those stats on the table on the right cluttered around the 5 seat are actually stats for the middle table (the guy in the 2 seat). As you can see I have the right table activated and it is in the front. The middle table meanwhile is in the back and all the parts of it that overlaps with the right table are not visible. The stats however stay visible instead of staying with the table they are on and being covered up by the other table. Can this be fixed? I don't see how it is usable without this being fixed unless you have enough room to have absolutely no overlap of your tables. I don't. I planned around this as well as I could (which forced me to place things kinda weirdly), but I can't make it work.....it's going to overlap like that.

And as you see on the left table as I pull up the dealer's tray the stats stay on top of that menu....it's inconvenient and to make it even more so if I happen to click on the stats instead of one of the buttons I'm trying to click I get a big popup. This is going to be pretty difficult to deal with while playing 8 or 9 tables I think.......and 10 tables would be impossible cause when I play 10 tables 2 of them have to occupy the same space and since the stats just stay in the front all the time it would just be a mess of numbers.

And what if I want to pull open a web browser or anything else. The stats stay which is annoying in itself and if I happen to accidentally click them: Popup.

And this is with just 1 table open. With 4 or 5 tables open it'd be cluttered with stats....imagine with 8 or 9 tables:

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4476/internetbrowservv4.png

So basically I'm just asking: Is there a way to fix this? Can I somehow bind (or whatever you want to call it) the stats to the appropriate table? If not is it currently planned to put that into action in an upcoming update? I know it's possible because Poker Tracker 2 does it. As it is this HUD is pretty unusable for me.

By the way it'd be kinda nice to be able to set up your HUD layout without having to open up an actual poker table and hope all the seats remain occupied so you can set them up and also be playing poker at the same time. As far as I know though that isn't possible....?

fabio
08-02-2008, 03:49 AM
Have you tried disabling "Force Ontop"?
Regarding the layout: Add the Import/HEM Data folder to your autoimport to see stats of the players right away. Open one full table, drag all stats like you prefer, open the Table Manager and go to File -> save positions.

Lego05
08-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Have you tried disabling "Force Ontop"?
Regarding the layout: Add the Import/HEM Data folder to your autoimport to see stats of the players right away. Open one full table, drag all stats like you prefer, open the Table Manager and go to File -> save positions.

God that seems so simple. What a problem I made out of it it. For some reason I thought the Force On Top was for something else.

Thank-you. Works perfectly now.