PDA

View Full Version : Merge databases?

Joostul
02-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Hey guys I have a question. My laptop on wich I played poker is broken. HM was installed on that. I'm now playing on a PC I borrowed. But I did make a backup on an external HD of the C/ and D/ harddisks of my laptop. My question is:

Can I somehow merge the database that is on my external HD with the one on the PC I'm borrowing? Because I haven't got the HH's anymore, but I still would like a complete database.

thanks

Joostul

morny
02-28-2009, 10:57 AM
If you had a backup of the old hard drives do you have access to the archive folder as all the old HH should be there and its just a matter of importing them.

Normally you cant restore a database this way and more often than not it dosent work but heres the instructions. Please note in your case since youve also another new database youll need to export the hands from that new one first otherwise youll lose the new database.

if you have installed postgresql again then turn off the service by finding PostgreSQL in the Start Menu and using the Stop Service option. Then delete the \Data folder in the new installation of postgres and copy your backed up \Data folder over. if you can't delete then you may need to reboot.

Then in the PostgreSQL menu click on Start Service and if everything went right you should be able to connect to your old database.

Like i said most times it doesent work and just says it cannot connect but you can give it a try if you like

Joostul
02-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Okay thanks this is excactly the answer I was looking for. I'm praying this will work. Thanks a bunch.