PDA

View Full Version : 1.06.01o

Rvg72
08-01-2008, 08:42 PM
http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01o.exe

This one is completely focused on imports again. People with very slow speeds or extremely high amounts of errors should download this version and let me know how their results improve.

By the way, discovered why in general Stars mined hands have very bad importing speeds compared to other sites. Reason is that all the tables save to the same file which means for the same file size you have 10-20x as many different players which means way more DB reads and writes.

Roy

etay0330
08-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Need some help please. I was running 1.06.1n and it stopped working just now. When I tried to open the program it's stuck at 'Validating' and no response after that.
I then updated it to 1.06.1o, figured maybe a new built will take of the problem but I'm still getting the same problem. Help please?

Rvg72
08-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Need some help please. I was running 1.06.1n and it stopped working just now. When I tried to open the program it's stuck at 'Validating' and no response after that.
I then updated it to 1.06.1o, figured maybe a new built will take of the problem but I'm still getting the same problem. Help please?

Do you have your firewall blocking HM from hitting the internet? It does need to check in once per week

Roy

laho
08-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Same here. HM stops while "validating"

It has nothing to do with the firewall.

help please

edit: now it's working. didn't change anything. strange

Rvg72
08-02-2008, 01:20 AM
ok, I know what it is - I'm creating a new index although it should be pretty fast. On my 12 million hand DB it only took about 5 seconds so I didn't bring up a prompt but I will change that.

Roy

guitarizt
08-02-2008, 06:10 AM
Wow imports are lightning fast again and I have a huge database.

I'm still having some problems with the hud. It says a rapids resource is not available and none of the stats are popping up now. Then I have to control alt del to close the hud. After that when I try to relaunch it I get the couldn't load config\pospref.txt again. I just click ok and then everything works and it keeps my old settings.

poiuz
08-02-2008, 07:49 AM

This one is completely focused on imports again. People with very slow speeds or extremely high amounts of errors should download this version and let me know how their results improve.

By the way, discovered why in general Stars mined hands have very bad importing speeds compared to other sites. Reason is that all the tables save to the same file which means for the same file size you have 10-20x as many different players which means way more DB reads and writes.

Roy

Two 5 mio Hands-DBs on 75 k Hands-Imports:

1.5.09 : 50 h/s
1.6.01 (I guess i, def not m, n or o) : 63 h/s
1.6.01o : 54 h/s

W2k 2P 3, 4 GByte, 15k 2 SAS drives w/o RAID configuration + USB drive to read hand histories from, PostgreSQL 8.3 w/ optimized config files.

poiuz
08-02-2008, 07:51 AM

Roy

Two +5 mio Hands-DBs on 75 k Hands-Imports (only FR on FTP):

W2k 2P 3, 4 GByte, 15k 2 SAS drives w/o RAID configuration + USB drive to read hand histories from, PostgreSQL 8.3 w/ optimized config files.

poiuz
08-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Two +5 mio Hands-DBs on 75 k Hands-Imports (only FR on FTP):

On the 2nd (200 k Hands) import the speed dropped to 45 h/s (I did not defragment)!

(I also noticed that fragmentation is a big issue ... )

How can I revert manually to a version prior 1.6.01m? Which indexes could I drop given that I do not want to purge individual hands?

Rvg72
08-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Please stay on this version - you shouldn't be reverting unless there are serious issues. I'll be releasing "p" later today that fixes a bug with PT2 exported full tilt hands failing at about 10%, a few other importing fixes and tweaks and it drops one large index and modifies another in the compiled stats section which further increases import speeds and saves space.

Roy

branz
08-02-2008, 03:56 PM
HUD cant be put outside/ontop of table window again here.

Import speeds have greatly increased, hud font is also better, now only a dark grey backround for session stats and fixed hud ontop of table window would be nice!