PDA

View Full Version : Vaccuum Analyze crash

2defmouze
05-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Was doing a full optimization through HEM, a few minutes in an error message popped up and the optimization screen displays:

[5/10/2011 2:11 PM] error: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request[5/10/2011 2:11 PM] error: at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close()
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[5/10/2011 2:11 PM] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

Please let me know what this means and how to correct. Thanks!

Patvs
05-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Which SQL version are you using?
Installed to its default location? (or did you manually install PostgreSQL)

Run a manual vacuum + analyse + reindex in pgadminIII.
If you get ANY error in pgadminIII, it's a sign of a corrupt database (or database index) and you'll have to reimport all your hands into a new database.

pgadminIII: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+

2defmouze
05-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Appears to be version 8.3 and as far as I know it is installed in the default location. Shortly after posting my original query I did run the manual vacuum+analyze+reindex in pgadminIII and it seemed to go fine. So no idea why the crash in HEM, but as long as I got it to work manually should I have anything to worry about?

Patvs
05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
The optimization tool only works with SQL 8.4.
If you're using SQL 8.3, do it manually in pgadminIII instead.

2defmouze
05-11-2011, 08:31 PM
The optimization tool only works with SQL 8.4.
If you're using SQL 8.3, do it manually in pgadminIII instead.

Gotcha... Would you recommend updating postgres to the latest version, and if so how should I go about doing that? Thanks for the help!

netsrak
05-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Never touch a running postgresql installation.