PDA

View Full Version : Dropdown stats lag on iPoker

droller
05-09-2011, 06:19 PM
For ages, I have had excessive lag whenever I have tried to click on stats to get information on players.

It happens when I play more than 6 tables. If I have 10 tables going it I simply cannot click on the stats or else it will lag my computer to the point where I will time out and such. It also makes taking/viewing notes via HEM extremely difficult. I only have this problem on iPoker. It has worked just fine on FTP/Microgaming/Entraction.

It's getting to the point where I'm going to buy a new desktop computer because it's costing me too much money at the tables. So if there is a way to fix it, I'd much appreciate it :). If not, what should I be looking for in terms of a new computer to grind on?

Here is some info that might help:

- I have a 2yr old database, HUD only picks up hands from past 3 months @ same stakes.
- I have purchased hand histories so my database is quite large. Not uncommon for me to have 10K+ hands on regs I play daily.
- I have about 40GB of hard drive space available out of 250GB.

- Playing on a laptop hooked up to a monitor.
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2ghz
4GB ram
250GB hard drive @ 7200RPM

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Patvs
05-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Which SQL version are you using? Did you already try:
-to update PostgreSQL (9.0.x)
-to turn off User Account Control in Windows
-to add holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, postgres.exe to the firewall exceptions list
-to uninstall Comodo/Norton/McAfee/Kaspersky
-run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates (Vista--> Service Pack 2 and all .net framework updates, etc)

--

Check your pg_log folder. Do you have a lot of files in there? If you do: delete them and turn off logging.

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

---

Most likely cause of all your lag is the laptop harddisk.

droller
05-10-2011, 02:38 AM
TY.

Will try everything and let everyone know how it goes.

droller
05-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Seems like I've just made things worse, to the point where I cannot open up HEM.

- I've installed PostgreSQL 9.0 (don't think I have it working)
- Turned off UAC.
- Updated all windows vista stuff
- deleted TONS of crap off my computer
- ran a defrag with "Power defrag"
- deleted the log files/prevented them from logging anymore
- added files to my firewall "allow" list (all except PostgreSQL as I cannot find it anywhere)
- Gone through steps on Vacuum/Analyze/Reindex.

Anyway, it fails to establish a connection when trying to open up HEM. Obviously I'm updated to the latest version. Restarting my computer has fixed this problem before but not this time :(.

Sarek
05-15-2011, 05:00 AM
So - you have PosgtreSQL installed and working (as "standalone" application) on PC?
Can you run PGadmin? And it connects to DB?
If yes - double-check all settings (port, user, password) in HM to DB connection.

droller
05-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Sorry forgot to include that.

I cannot connect to my database via pgAdmin III. Cannot connect to the 8.3 or 9.0 server. I get the following error.

Server doesn't listen
The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
If you encounter this message, please check if the server you're trying to contact is actually running PostgreSQL on the given port. Test if you have network connectivity from your client to the server host using ping or equivalent tools. Is your network / VPN / SSH tunnel / firewall configured correctly?
For security reasons, PostgreSQL does not listen on all available IP addresses on the server machine initially. In order to access the server over the network, you need to enable listening on the address first.
For PostgreSQL servers starting with version 8.0, this is controlled using the "listen_addresses" parameter in the postgresql.conf file. Here, you can enter a list of IP addresses the server should listen on, or simply use '*' to listen on all available IP addresses. For earlier servers (Version 7.3 or 7.4), you'll need to set the "tcpip_socket" parameter to 'true'.
You can use the postgresql.conf editor that is built into pgAdmin III to edit the postgresql.conf configuration file. After changing this file, you need to restart the server process to make the setting effective.
If you double-checked your configuration but still get this error message, it's still unlikely that you encounter a fatal PostgreSQL misbehaviour. You probably have some low level network connectivity problems (e.g. firewall configuration). Please check this thoroughly before reporting a bug to the PostgreSQL community.

I don't know if it's a stand alone install or not. I just downloaded the 9.0 installer and installed it.

Don't know if this helps but my HEM started working weird when I tried to purge the hand histories. Program stopped responding, and closed down. After restarting (since I had done a bunch to my CPU) I couldn't establish a connection.

I don't know if it's possible but I'm willing to pay to have someone fix this for me.

Edit: Also tried turning off firewall and connecting with no luck either.

netsrak
05-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.