PDA

View Full Version : Rush Hud 6max

sootedup
05-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi,

I upgraded to the latest hem release and now my 6max rush hud is not working properly. It is not updating properly and for some players it's still displaying their fullring stats despite having them being filtered out. The hands are importing fine. I think Fullring rush is working fine but I'm not 100% the hud is updating as I have many hands on most of the players there.

My additional hud filters looks like this:

# Players up to 6; 2-6
# Players 7 - 10; 7-10

I just tried a standard 6max table on Fulltilt and that is updating fine.

I also tried the prefetch option as suggested on a similar thread on here but it hasn't helped.

I am using vista and postgres 8.3 and run everything as admin

Thanks in advance

peche
05-09-2011, 10:34 AM
This is exactly the same problem as i'm having, I started the thread rush HUD while shorthanded, FYI

sootedup
05-09-2011, 12:16 PM
thanks yeh I read your thread first. Just wasn't sure if you had upgraded to new version before you had the problem and if you were actually playing 6max rush tables or just broken up fullring ones

I've done everything suggested by admin in yours. Only thing left to do is install newest postgresQL and reimport hands into empty database.

Please let me know if you manage to fix the problem and i'll do the same

Patvs
05-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Turn on prefetch:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/101/Full+Tilt+%26+Poker+Stars+Prefetch+Walkthrough+

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/209/Site+Options

Setup the HUD pre-fetch on site options and make sure it points to the right folder.
Manually add the pre-fetch folder to the auto import list.

--

Turn off live tracking.

--

Update PostgreSQL to 9.0.x or 8.4.x (install it to a different port)
And reimport your C:HMArchive into a new database.

Also read,
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html
(as the RUSH HUD not properly updating can also be performance issue related)

sootedup
05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
thanks. I've been trying to install postgreSQL 8.4.x but during setup it asks for my superuser password and I've tried everything and it won't accept anything. I tried following the FAQ on here about disabling the postgres password but that didn't work.

Is there any way to find out or reset this password? Spent ages googling but can't find an answer

Can uninstalling 8.3 and installing 8.4 fix this?

Patvs
05-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Delete the postgres user first: click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

Then reinstall SQL 8.4 and pick 'postgrespass' as password.

sootedup
05-09-2011, 07:05 PM
thank you very much.

So after deleting the user do I then uninstall postgreSQL 8.3 then reinstall SQL 8.4? Also if I do need to uninstall postgreSQL 8.3 do I need to still reinstall to a different port?

Patvs
05-09-2011, 07:26 PM
You don't need to uninstall SQL 8.3
Install SQL 8.4 to a different port (5433)

They can both run side by side, as long as each has its own separate port.

sootedup
05-10-2011, 07:57 AM
I installed 8.4 fine as instructed and no hands are coming up still on 6max rush. Fullring is still working fine.

I have done everything as suggested in similar recent thread titled 'rush hud while shorthanded'

If it helps I use AVG antivirus.

Should I try installing SQL 9.0.x?

netsrak
05-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Please change your additional hud filters for

# Players 7 ; 7-10
Change them to 6-10

sootedup
05-10-2011, 10:35 AM
yesssssssssssssss that done the trick. works on both new and old database. thanks a lot. Just want to say that your support is awesome

sootedup
05-11-2011, 10:39 AM
after fixing this problem yesterday I was using my old database on sql 8.3 as I have more hands on players there and am abroad at the moment so can't import my old hands as they are on my other computer.

I am unable to connect now to my old database. All settings are the same using my old port and password. It just says now unable to connect and would I like to start service but when I click yes it doesn't work. No probs connecting to my new database on 8.4.x. any ideas?

Patvs
05-11-2011, 01:05 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

After you reboot your computer go to "services":
control panel > administrative tools > services.
To check it PostgreSQL 8.3 is running. And try to start it manually in services...

sootedup
05-11-2011, 01:30 PM
tried to reboot as there was a windows update that didn't work.

In the data folder all I can see is a postmaster.opts file

After reboot in services it won't let me start SQL 8.3 manually, it says there is a logon failure

Patvs
05-11-2011, 07:02 PM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files and for pg_ctl.exe (responsible for starting the PostgreSQL serving) and postgres.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

---

Delete the postgres user: click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

And reinstall SQL 8.3

----

If that fails, move the /data folder to a different location, and try to install SQL 8.3 to a different port number to that new location.

Caravaggio_87
05-16-2011, 07:23 AM
I have the same problem.

While I'm playing, hud's hero not appear, nor update the statistics. (first screen)

Furthermore I have configure the filters in this way. (second screen)

netsrak
05-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Hero hud is not supported on Rush tables.

Please change the min value for # of players = 7 to 6.

Caravaggio_87
05-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Why statistics of the other players are not updated?

Patvs
05-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Change the #player filters to
2:2-2
3:3-6
4:3-6
5:3-6
6:3-6
7:6-9
8:6-9
9:6-9

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Create a NEW database and reimport your archive folder, if the HUD stats for the opponents don't update properly.

---

And enable the pre-fetch. (and turn off live tracking)

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/101/Full+Tilt+%26+Poker+Stars+Prefetch+Walkthrough+

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/209/Site+Options

Setup the HUD pre-fetch on site options and make sure it points to the right folder.
Manually add the pre-fetch folder to the auto import list.