PDA

View Full Version : computer crashed when HM was running.....now it wont load at all

disko
08-01-2008, 06:07 PM
hi, i had a good look round to see if anyone else had posted this, but i couldnt find anything, so sorry if this had been posted before

a couple of days ago i downloaded the latest version of hm, although i have been using it since march. everything was working fine until my computer crashed and when i tried to run hm i get a message saying that it couldnt find the config file. when i try to uninstall and reinstall i get the same message. hm doesnt even open up....instead i get a message that says 'could not fine the Config\HoldemManager.Config file. Make sure you are running Holdem Manager from the correct directory.'

If someone could help me i would appreciate it very much as i'm missing the friday night fish right now!! :p

thanks

disko :)

disko
08-01-2008, 06:14 PM
ok so i made some progress and now it says that it cannot open it due to an unhandled exception that has occured.

the details of the error are the following:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ZedGraph, Version=5.1.0.621, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=02a83cbd123fcd60' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'ZedGraph, Version=5.1.0.621, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=02a83cbd123fcd60'
at HoldemManager.ӧ.Ա()
at HoldemManager.ӧ..ctor()
at HoldemManager.Ӷ.Ա()
at HoldemManager.Ӷ..ctor(ԃ LoadingForm)
at HoldemManager.ԃ.฾(Object Ԩ, EventArgs ԩ)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HoldemManager
Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/HoldemManager.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing

morny
08-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Ok a couple of things to try in this order. Backup old files in the config folder in the holdem manager directory while HM is closed and then restart HM and it should recreate the default files. Then try and see if it works

If not backup your config files and uninstall Holdem Manager
download this version of HM http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdemmanager.zip run holdem manager and see if it works then upgrade to this version http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01n.exe

Completely uninstall Microsoft .NET 2.0 and reinstall it by visiting this link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

disko
08-03-2008, 11:08 AM
thanks for this. it did work. although i have had the same problem again twice.