PDA

View Full Version : unavailable network resource?

penguinz21
02-26-2009, 01:11 AM
I have gone through about 5 different error messages and troubleshooting FAQs and finally arrived at one that I couldn't find the answer to:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
It gives me the option to Use a source that I browse for, listing, as the default, a file under C:\users\bohl(me)\appdata\local\temp\temp1_holdem. ..

Please advise- I use Windows Vista and have done everything with user account control and re-installing postgres and disabling firewalls.

fabio
02-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Try this version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

penguinz21
02-26-2009, 11:56 PM
This hasn't changed anything - it stops at the same point in opening HEM with the same message - which I forgot to mention says it's looking for an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'holdemmanagersetupproject.msi'. My bad, that's probably important - I haven't been able to find this file anywhere though.

When I click ok on the suggested source (bohl\appdata\etc), it just indefinitely opens a window that says "Please wait while windows configures holdem manager"

fabio
02-27-2009, 04:59 AM
Have you tried reinstalling HoldemManager?

penguinz21
02-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Yes I've re-installed HEM as well as postgresql. I'm considering restoring my computer to an earlier date if no one knows how to fix this...

morny
02-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Does HM run if you go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager and click on the holdemmanager.exe file?