PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't Load config\postpref.txt

drawflush
02-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Ok. Here's the details.

I play exclusively at Pokerstars. I have windows vista. I have the most recent version 1.08B.

Every few thousand hands or so , out of nowhere, when I join some new tables i get the following error Couldn't load config\postpref.txt. Then of course it gives me the option to continue and new panel positions will be written......

I have done this 3-4 times now and its getting VERY frustrating.. i keep having to reposition my hud panels. If I say no , then of course everytime I try to relaunch HEM it generates the error when importing, it wont go away until I accept.

Please help....this is very annoying.:confused:

morny
02-22-2009, 07:57 PM
This is a known issue were looking into it but havent found a solution, to avoid it happening try and restart HM more often and also make sure you have the latest version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

AAPoker
02-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I've noticed this issue too, but it seems to happen when I leave HEM running overnight. If I login the next day and try to play again it gives me this error. Usually if I close HEM and try to open it again my positions are set. Could it be a thing where it looks at the date and uses that to set the positions or something similar?? I am pretty sure its a timing issue and hte longer you go without closing HEM the more likely this error is to occur.

morny
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately its alot more complicated, weve done lots of testing and have only managed to improve the problem so far but not fix it 100%, it dosent happen at all for alot of people too