PDA

View Full Version : Statistics baselines

Mediocrates
02-22-2009, 02:56 AM
I am a new user of HM and find the wealth of data fantastic, and at the same time overwhelming. Many of these stats (as found in the Stat Definitions) are not all that familiar to me. As such I do not know what constitutes a high value or a low value, or sometimes even what the number represents, such as a quantity, a ratio, or a percent value. Sometimes even after learning the ranges, I do not understand how a particular stat impacts play.

I have started to mine some of these things from various poker sites, but it would be nice if there were a single document or resource similar to the Stat Definitions that provided a numerical range of values for each stat, the unit that the stat is using (%, qty, rank), and what kind of information can be intuited from the stat.

If someone knows of such a resource, I would love to know about it.

morny
02-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Well its a way more complicated than that unfortunately, i could say a an aggression factor of 3 is high but if the player is playing 8/8 then its not so high, if hes playing 20/18 its high and hes aggressive, if hes playing 70/40 its insanely high. This can be said about alot of stats where you cant just take stats in isolation because the other stats have a bearing on it.

You can check out the articles in HM by clicking on the article menu and it deals with alot of stats in there