PDA

View Full Version : HEM vs other Software(?)

RoflVomitCall
05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
HEM Forum members,

This is my first post, because i'm trying to see if HEM is a good tool for me to improve my game with.

I play on FTP on a regular basis and am getting kind of sick of picking bad spots against overagressive or TAG players, just taking the opposite approach that would've been wise.

I always play a minimum of four tables to remain concentration, but the downside of this is that I don't sponge all the information that is handed to be if I would actually observe everything carefully.
I usually tag the Retarded overagressive donks and rocksolid players that are easily noticable, but every player in between, I just don't really observe and get a feel for.

Altough i'm easily a winning player with 35% ROI or something, I feel like this is costing me way too much money in the long run and it's time to buy some Software.

Now i've read that HEM is highly recommended among players, though I still would like some comments on this.
I was thinking about rather picking Hold Em Manager or Hold Em Indicator, though i've hardly informed myself about either two yet.

What i'm looking for is a Poker tool that:
- Instantly and easily provides me the agression rate that players take with them, showing me within a second if someone is rather tight or loose, passive or agressive and is likely to either spew off marginal, or lay down hands with relative ease.
- I need this software to be helpful when playing multiple tables.

Comments on this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

RoflVomitCall.

johncc
05-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Well you dont want to know much as HEM does that and a million other things

RoflVomitCall
05-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Well you dont want to know nuch as HUM does that and a million other things

Well yeah, I probably don't really ask a whole lot, but I just wanna know
if it has those functions and if it's easy to use for someone like me.
I'm not the type of person that is going to log on a lot to discuss the new patches and options.
I don't want all of it to be too complicated and I was just wondering if Hold Em Manager is the way to go if you're new to using Poker Software such as HEM.

johncc
05-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Well yeah, I probably don't really ask a whole lot, but I just wanna know
if it has those functions and if it's easy to use for someone like me.
I'm not the type of person that is going to log on a lot to discuss the new patches and options.
I don't want all of it to be too complicated and I was just wondering if Hold Em Manager is the way to go if you're new to using Poker Software such as HEM.

It can be as complicated or easy as u want to make it

To not have it IMO is -EV as almost everyone else uses it

Patvs
05-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Try HoldemManager, PokerTracker3 and HoldemIndicator. And decide after using them for 1-2 weeks which one you like best.
All three have free trials

If the HoldemManager free trial has expired and you'd like to extent your HoldemManager trial (because you need more time to decide) email sales@holdemmanager.com and ask for a temporary license.

---

But HoldemManager can do all the things you want. The default HUD has VPIP/PFR.. and AGG (aggression factor). Though you may like to use a more complex HUD where you split AGG into:
Flop AGG, Turn AGG and River AGG which will show you which players will keep firing bets at the turn/river, and which players will only make a Flop Cbet but tend to give up if they are called.