PDA

View Full Version : In despair

chillilady
02-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I have been trying for over an hour to get holdem Manager to run
I am running in vista
I have done everything that has been requested of me including checking i'm running all three progams in administrator role and disabling user control
I get this message
http://links-india.org/images/error-message.jpg
Please help!
Thanks
Chilli

morny
02-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi

Please see this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

chillilady
02-22-2009, 12:04 PM
As my original emails said i have already done all that is recommended.

chillilady
02-22-2009, 12:05 PM
i also have no idea what other information i can give you.
Please specify

morny
02-22-2009, 12:08 PM
You need to follow that FAQ exactly, if you skip 1 step or dont follow it exactly it wont work. Usually people just disable a firewall or antivirus instead of completely uninstall it and as i said it wont work if you dont follow it exactly, this includes following the FAQ linked at the bottom of that FAQ

chillilady
02-23-2009, 05:20 AM
This is getting a bit trying. I have followed the FAQ exactly. I have told you twice that i have done everything asked of me. Would you prefer I sent screen shots in order to prove it?
Yesterday it seemed to start - after the 3rd full install and I left it to configure till this morning but this morning I am back to square one.
Same error message.
I really want to buy your program. I have my visa card poised and ready. All I need to do is get it working.
PLEASE help

chillilady
02-23-2009, 06:08 AM
okay I've uninstalled everything, deleted all copies of everything and downloaded the lot again.
I am now installing the postgreSQL and have got to Item 9 Initialise database cluster - I have changed all the items exactly as the instructions tell me to. It returns an error message saying
The port number entered is already in use. Please specify a different port.
The port number I am using is the default one of 5432.
Please advise I don't know about port numbers
Thank you

fabio
02-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Please email me at fabio@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread and we do a Teamviewer session