PDA

View Full Version : Can't get all my hands in HM

1p0kerboy
02-20-2009, 10:24 PM
My HM will often miss importing a few hands for whatever reason.

I request my hand histories from PokerStars and typically run them all through a second time each week. I thought that was working, but today I realized that it's still missing hands from the weekly files as well.

Today my HM missed over 100 hands. So I requested a file from PokerStars for my last 50,000 hands, which covers all of my play from this past week. My HM showed 11,540 import errors? when I ran the file. I ran the same file through my trial version of PT3, and it picked up all hands.

Can somebody tell me what is going on here?

morny
02-20-2009, 10:26 PM
try creating a new database and import the hands into that http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

1p0kerboy
02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Morny,

First thanks for responding so quickly. You're a machine.

I created a new database, and all of the hands from the file imported with no import errors. Of course, I'm not really sure what this means. My original database wasn't really all that big (I don't think). I don't import any observed hands, and I think I probably had almost 300,000 hands in it. Is that large?

How should I proceed from here? Do you recommend I create a new database every month or so?

morny
02-21-2009, 03:00 PM
No it just looks like the old became corrupt, always make sure not to shut down postgreSQL or HM abruptly, never force them to close using the task manager or shut down the PC from the plug rather than using windows shutdown

1p0kerboy
02-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Morny

Thanks again for that explanation.

So I guess I just simply need to move hands from my corrupt database to the new one. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thans

'boy

1p0kerboy
02-22-2009, 04:37 PM
So I guess I just simply need to move hands from my corrupt database to the new one. What is the easiest way to do this?

morny
02-22-2009, 07:55 PM
See this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173