PDA

View Full Version : HM not reading hands from database

lakeguy1
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Windows XP. HM 1.07. Postgresql 8.3 exports the right number of hands that have been inserted by HM auto insert, and PGAdminIII shows that the database has the right number of rows in the tables where I would expect them.

HM: filter cleared. Players tab has "Players (24)" [[and the PLAYERS table in postgresql has 24 rows]], and I checked all on left side of that screen. No players listed. Cash games, hands tab--I checked Change but no players at all are listed. No hands are listed. Cash games, sessions tab, checked Change but no players listed, no sessions.

Options/database management: server, number, login, password all filled. out. I click connect, database name matches the name shown by PGAdminIII, the only database, and it is marked as DEFAULT. Then I click Holdem Manager on that screen, and no change to the second paragraph of this letter.

PGAdminIII shows a red x over name of postgresql database server when I first open PGAdminIII. I doubleclick on that line, and then on the Databases (2) line, which reveals two databases, one of which is the default HM database, but it too has a red x over its name. The red x disappears when I click on it. I don't know the significance of the red x.

I am at a loss.

thank you
lakeguy1

morny
02-20-2009, 02:17 PM
So when HM is open you can see the players TAB has (24) indicating theres 24 player, then when you go to the change button in the reports TAB nothing is showing up, is that correct?

Do you know the name of any of the 24 players and if so when you click on change and type in those names is nothing showing?

What if you got to the Players TAB, set all the filters correctly min hands 1, all stakes selected, vpip from 0-100 etc and then do any players show here?

lakeguy1
02-20-2009, 05:00 PM
"What if you got to the Players TAB, set all the filters correctly min hands 1, all stakes selected, vpip from 0-100 etc and then do any players show here?"

ANS: ok, I set min hands to 1, it was set (by default i think) to 1000, got all the names. This opened up everything in the other tabs. My big mistake. Might be worth putting this into the FAQs, which are really pretty good.

thank you
paul taubr