PDA

View Full Version : Help!

bigbills
02-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Hi,

I'm new to HM. In fact, I've only just got a new laptop with a new online poker account so not played many hands. I've installed HM and I'm totally confused.

1. Does HM work off HH ?

2. Do I need to get a few thousand hands under my belt to obtain any realistic information from it ?

3. I'm a live player, can anyone suggest a suitable HUD setup for me as its just all letters and numbers and far too much to take in.

I've looked at the tutorial and i think its pants. I want to learn and use this program but my first impressions are not good. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Kind regards,

Martin.

morny
02-20-2009, 03:08 PM
1) Yes

2) Yes, variance plays a part so you need 10k hands before there worth looking at and probably at least 30k before you can be confident of a true win rate, possibly alot more.

3) See the hud configurations forum for example huds, also see the manual http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=182

Unfortunately since poker is so complex it requires a bit of effort, if you put that in then youll get back alot for it. I think thats a good thing because if it was as easy as running HM and you suddenly became a good player then there would be too many good players and it would be harder to make a profit, the people who make the effort and put in the time to learn more are usually the ones that make a profit and the people who dont tend to fund the players that do.

bigbills
02-21-2009, 05:20 AM
Cheers for that, I've set my hero name and now HM is auto importing the hands. All I need to do is play more!

Does HM track every player that is online while i'm online or only the players at my table ?

Would it be a good idea to sit at as many tables as possible ?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

morny
02-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Only the tables you sit in and play. There is 3rd party tools available that can mine some sites but its against alot of sites terms and conditions. If you want more info post on 2+2 or google mining