PDA

View Full Version : HM won't start

schroder999
02-19-2009, 11:29 PM
I've been using the software for a month without any problems and today the program just won't start. There is no error or crash of any kind, the mouse pointer will turn to the spinning wheel (thinking icon for vista) and then back to idle again momentarily and nothing happens. No error or any indication that anything happened at all except for the busy icon for a fraction of a second.

I am running
Windows Vista Home Premium 64
4 GB RAM
3.0 ghz Intel Core 2 Quad
750 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD (300 GB free)

Doesn't matter what site I am on, in fact I can just start holdem manager right after booting up my computer before any programs have been started and the same problem occurs. Would like some feedback on this, thanks.

morny
02-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a firewall/antivirus might have blocked it, can you try uninstalling them or adding the HM .exe files to the exceptions list.

If the problems persist:

Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=14

Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

schroder999
02-20-2009, 05:09 PM
I have followed the instructions for the dot net fix/update, uninstalled/reinstalled the HM software as well as disabled all firewalls and antivirus software and the same problem persists. After each step I attempted to run the program and got the same result, at no point did I get to the splash screen or even an error message, there is simply no response at all.

robertb
02-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I have same problem like schroder999. vista business

no errors...nothing help me :c

morny
02-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Try to open HM again

Go to control panel > Admin tools > Evenet Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications

Is there any errors showing up there?

No go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager right click and choose run as admin for holdemmanager.exe, then for hmhude.exe then dbcontrolpanel.exe and do any of them open?

robertb
02-21-2009, 07:24 AM
i have many errors in "Applications" but noone from HEM

INTERESTING!! - HEM is working in safe mode with lan

morny
02-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Was there any errors corresponding to the time you try to start HM.

Start HM wait a minute then see if there is errors then Paste the details for any errors

bambu
02-22-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm experiencing an identical problem. HEM was working fine until about a few days ago and I'm not sure what triggered the problem. I have tried re-installing .net framework and HEM (with the latest beta patch) and I still can't open HEM.

I am also running Vista 64-bit (Ultimate).

robertb
02-23-2009, 01:57 AM
meybe its because some update of windows

schroder999
02-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I followed the instructions in the last post and here are my results.

1) No error messages when running event viewer, even after waiting a minute.

2) HoldemManager file from directory reacts the same as the main shortcut - small pause then nothing.

3) HMHud starts normally and table manager starts automatically as normal.

4) DBControlPanel starts and crashes giving the following error:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: dbcontrolpanel.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4980ef13
Problem Signature 04: System.Drawing
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 47577e0e
Problem Signature 07: 7ac
Problem Signature 08: 70
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Any other suggestions?

bambu
02-25-2009, 02:22 AM
schroder999,

do you use Comodo as your firewall by any chance?

I believe a recent Comodo update was the source of my problem. I tried opening HEM in safe-mode and I was successful, but I still couldn't get it to run normally. Even once disabling Comodo, the firewall service still runs in the background. I attempted uninstalling the firewall all together and HEM works perfectly.

Now I just have to try and get Comodo and HEM to work in unison :P

schroder999
02-25-2009, 02:48 AM
I don't have an active firewall since I uninstalled it to determine if it was interfering with HM.

Roroelcoco
02-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Bambu, I had the same problem with COMODO and had to uninstall it. Maybe if we keep on using the previous version before the update it would be fine? But thanks for your post. It saved me a lot of trouble :)

bambu
02-25-2009, 11:28 PM
No problem and yes, uninstalling the latest COMODO and reverting back to an older version did it for me.

schroder999
02-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Is there any other way to get technical support other than through the forum? Waiting a few days after trying each step of the tech support flowchart could mean weeks to months of downtime.

morny
02-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net, sorry for the delay as i was away all week