PDA

View Full Version : acepokercoach.com leakfinder

kewen
02-19-2009, 07:44 PM
I bought this package, http://acepokercoach.com/, and went through it over the weekend. I play nl400 and nl600 6max. Helped me identify some leaks I wasn't aware of and introduced me to many stats in Holdem Manager I had not seen used before.

The package conists of a 7-step process. You are guided through the process by a video tutorial.

1. Set-up
The setup process takes a bit of time and is a little tedius but basically necessary. You have to add additional stats in Holdem Manager and align the columns correctly.

2. Import
You then import your stats into a spreadsheet and compare them with recommended ranges. The recommended ranges apply to 6max nl and certainly highlighted some leaks in my game. I really like this section and noticed some of my post-flop stat were outside recommended ranges. This lead me to review a number of specific hands and identify leaks. Very good section and well worth the time to set it up.

3. Position
I didn't spent too much time on this section as I seem to play a reasonably decent game.

4. Trouble Hands
Allows you to analyse how you play trouble hands, e.g. KJ, etc. Again I didn't spend too much time on this section.

5. 3bet Pots
Allow you to analyse your play in 3bet pot. I was folding too much in position.

6. Filters
These 35 filters that allow you too isolate hands specific situation and review the play of your hands. Some interesting filters here that I hadn't thought about before.

7. Biggest Winners/Losers
This is pretty much a review of your big hands and losing hands.

Overall
It's a time consuming process that took me 4-hrs to set it up and go through it. I definitely found a number of leaks in my game that will more than pay for the package and overall I thought it represented good value. I will stay with it over a period of time as it provides a framework that allows me to isolate certain parts of your game and get the best out of Holdem Manager.

drawflush
02-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Nice post Kewen,

Came across this site myself a while back, I have entertained the idea of simply doing the leak buster program on this site as it would cater to the micro level that I'm playing at now. I'm still in the process of building my 50k hands at the same level, once I get there I will seriously consider this.

Thanks for the review!

AcePokerCoach
02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Ha, well it's always nice to see customers looking out. Thanks for the post. I have a feeling I know who you are! :)

Funny because Roy just told me to do a post on here the other day and I just did one and saw this too. Thanks for the feedback and review. I'm glad you've enjoyed the product, we've definitely had a very good response by the online community and people have loved these reviews and the leak buster. Any feedback you can provide always helps us out though, so thanks again!

rohan68
02-24-2009, 04:13 PM
hello is it realy usefull for a NL100SH player 5 max and whic pack to buy

thanks

AcePokerCoach
02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Well, the leak buster software is geared for 6-max and full ring. Having said that, the software will definitely find leaks in your 5-max game. One of the primary elements that people like about the package is that not only will it find a lot of leaks, and pay for itself right away, but it also provides a frame work of how to analyze your own game. So after you use it for the first time, you run it again another 30k hands later and you can chart your progress and visually see your improvements.

The 3 packages on the site itself add another element as you move from the leak buster software, to the 50k review, to the 50k review package. As I explained above, the leak buster package is a stand alone program that will analyze your game and highlight your leaks. In the 50k review you're going to not only get your leaks analyzed, but you're going to get specific feedback about how to adjust YOUR game based on YOUR style of play. In addition, you're going to get a lot of recommendations like you would get in a coaching session, but you'll have it on a video that you can go back over and over again (which is what people love). So everything is tailored specifically to your game.

The final 50k package has the video + you're going to get a 1.5 coaching session with Russ AKA Loosefer (one of the biggest winners in the 10/20nl game on PokerStars). We pass on the analysis of the 50k video to him in the form of excel spreadsheets and highlight some of the areas you need to work on. So he can than use that information in the coaching session, and make sure you understand the adjustments you need to make. Additionally, you'll already know some of the areas you need to work on, and can ask questions that you may have based on the video to him as well. So you're going to get multiple points of view from very good players about how to not only plug your leaks, but really improve as a poker player.

We've not had one person yet, who hasn't loved each one of these (and I mean really thanked us over and over). Which one you choose is really a matter of how much are you dedicated to learning, and what you can afford right now. The 50k package is best deal, but any of them you're going to learn from. That's why we guarantee our services and products.

You have any other questions, just let me know.