PDA

View Full Version : databases crashed?

Richyl
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
So i have 3 databases, I am running 1.08beta9. As of today I tried opening all 3 of them and get this message:

The following error occurred when running this repot: ERROR: XX001: could not read block 0 of relation 1663/148676/148935:read only 0 of 8192 bytes

THen i click ok and it's like my database is empty, nothing in there, just blank space. I then went under database management tried to export, and it takes half a second, because it exports 0 hands. I had another problem at the beggining of the year: http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=5552&highlight=block, I just ended up creating a new database and starting from scratch. The other day I ran some system maintanance: ad-aware, diskcleanup, defrag. I didn't think this would cause any problems. I'm am considering uninstalling postgrs and HEM and just reinstalling both of them and starting from scratch again. If you think there is a better solution or way to avoid this plz let me know.

Thanks,
Rich

morny
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
It looks like the database is badly corrupted. Did you backup the HH or have you archived them

Richyl
02-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Looks like i have a bunch of hand histories in my HMarchive folder, so thats a good thing, would you recommend uninstalling HEM and postgrs and reinstalling so this doesnt happen again?

morny
02-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Usually corruptions are caused by not shutting down either your PC,HM or PostgreSQL properly, power shortages or just turning off your PC without using the shutdown options etc

Also occassionaly bad hard drives can cause it too. Just create a new database and reimport then hands from HMarchive