PDA

View Full Version : Turning on logging of SQL queries

SuperSized
04-30-2011, 03:53 PM
I would like to turn on logging of SQL queries run by HEM. I found this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11051-show-sql-queries-hm-run-against-postgresql.html, but the file holdemmanager.config doesn't appear to exist anymore. The config.HEM file, which I assume is the the replacement file, is loaded as odd characters in notepad++.

How would I go about logging information to the DBTrace.log file?

netsrak
05-01-2011, 06:09 AM
The file must exist. You find it in the config subfolder.

If you have "Hide known file extensions" in the windows folder options it might just be displayed as
holdemmanager...............................config file
or something like that.

SuperSized
05-01-2011, 07:53 AM
The file must exist. You find it in the config subfolder.

If you have "Hide known file extensions" in the windows folder options it might just be displayed as
holdemmanager...............................config file
or something like that.
Thanks for your help. It's apparently a hidden file in the config folder.

SuperSized
05-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Hmm, when I try and open HEM I get this error message:

"Error creating Stat Ranges xml file: Accesss to the path 'E:\Program Files.....\Config\StatRanages.xml' is denied."

Why is it complaining about this now that logging is turned on? I'm running XP and I am the administrator.

netsrak
05-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Odd, are you using any security programs?

Can you restore the original version of the holdemmanager.config file and check whether the message still comes up?

SuperSized
05-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Odd, are you using any security programs?

Can you restore the original version of the holdemmanager.config file and check whether the message still comes up?
Just Avast! Antivirus and Windows Firewall.

I restored the holdemmanager.config file and still had the same problem. This sounds rather arb, but I altered the holdemmanager.config file again and hid the hidden files again and this time it logs to dbtrace.log. This might be completely unrelated, but this is the only thing I changed.

Patvs
05-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off.

--

Do you also have logging turned on in the postgresql.conf (open it with with notepad (or any txt editor)