PDA

View Full Version : Vista screwing up Hem again.

Banalanal
02-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Once again I'm not able to start HEM. I am using Vista. I have followed all the directions on the link you gave me last time. I am the administrator of my computer. I have no firewalls or anitvirus software. Defender and Windows Firewall are now disabled. I've now uninstalled Postgresql. I'm in the process of reinstalling and I can't enter a username and password without getting an error message. Seems to me I wasn't the default username last time. The directions didn't say I needed to note this or anything before deleting the old postgres. Need my old database back. What now?

Banalanal
02-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Okay so managed to reinstall Post adding user to the end of the username as per the original install directions. Tried to restart HEM. ANother error message! It was working fine yesterday, just shutdown the computer for the first time in a while and now this. It says it failed to establish a connecton to 127.0.0.1 and then another error message about user account controls again. This is so frustrating.

Banalanal
02-19-2009, 02:33 PM
All of a sudden it let me into HEM and my database stats showed up. I closed it and then tried to reopen and I get the same error messages again. I go to services and via administrative tools to try to start post and it says it started and stopped... Try to restart HEM and I get the error messages again. It shows me that little blue box where I can try to connect to post. It has username as the default "postgres" so i try that one and then i affix "user" onto the end and try that one...no go. Have restarted my computer 6 times in the process to see if that would help.

Unable to read data from the transport connection - is what I'm getting now. I used to get a lot of: unable to connect to 127.0.0.1.

morny
02-19-2009, 02:47 PM
See this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

Youll need to follow that FAQ and the one it leads into exactly, by skipping any steps it will just mean youll need to repeat it again from the beginning