PDA

View Full Version : Note taking in hm pissing me off..

akvsaq
02-19-2009, 07:05 AM
Why is it so hard to open the player notes? NO, it is not broken or anything, but sometimes i have to wait for a while before clicking to activate notes.

Can't you find a way to make the notes pop-up instantly? Such as a keyboard shortcut or ANYTHING?

jh659jc
02-19-2009, 07:11 AM
I KNOW. JESUS CHRIST. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM FOR US.

I try clicking that asterisk but I CONTINUOUSLY end up getting that huge ass pop-up. This is so frustrating. Is there like a "sweet spot" to that asterisk? Because sometimes I start clicking slightly (1-2cm) below the asterisk, and if I am lucky, I get the notes to pop up. I can't deal with this.. Please help us out.

morny
02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Works fine for me, try this http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe and if it still persists then can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

If it still persists with the new and old config then email me and well do a teamviewer sesssion to have a look morny@holdemmanager.net

akvsaq
02-19-2009, 10:43 PM
NO NO NO. I'm NOT saying it is BROKEN!! It just takes so long to open the notes. I really hate it when i have to go to the * symbol and HAVE TO WAIT FOR A COUPLE SECONDS TO CLICK TO ACTIVATE. SOMETIMES it doesn't cooperate.

I JUST WANT TO QUICKLY, LET ME SAY AGAIN, QUICKLY BRING OUT THE NOTES. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO TAKE MY MOUSE AND WAIT ON THE * SYMBOL AND ONCE IN A WHILE GET A POP-UP INSTEAD BECAUSE I DIDN'T WAIT LONG ENOUGH. THIS IS VERY ANNOYING WHILE MULTI-TABLING!!

AGAIN IT IS NOT BROKEN. There just needs to be a way to activate the notes FASTER.

The ONLY reason why I chose to use YOUR note system over Full Tilt's was HM's notes do not disappear after about 5 secs when you scroll mouse over the note icon.

Hilips
02-19-2009, 10:56 PM
+1000000 on this.

I have been saying the same thing since the beginning, mike once told me "works fine for me".

Ok, fair enough, its a free program... oh wait......

morny
02-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Loads fast for me but if its not fast enough you can suggest an improvement here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

Hilips
02-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Suggest a bug fix? Nice.

morny
02-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Ive checked this and mine opens in about 1 second or less, if yours is taking longer then maybe your system isnt able to handle all the tables and HM so it might be a lag issue http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162

Hilips
02-20-2009, 11:18 PM
I never had a lag problem with my computer no mater how many tables i have open.

Morny, you are not understanding the problem. Mine opens in 1 second or less too, BUT half the time he opens the default pop-up instead of the notes. Thats the problem.

If "you" can disable the main and the "click here to make note" pop-up from the notes icon the problem is solved ... i think.

The notes box only open when you click AND stay with the mouse on top of the icon, if you just click and move the mouse (like we do when we click on the link you posted above for example) the main pop-up opens instead.

I will make a video quick video for you...

Hilips
02-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Video here morny, can you pls check: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KPGNZZ7E

morny
02-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Ok i see the issue but i dont have any problem like that although i dont use multiple panels. Can you try one thing, can you go to Hud Options > Table Preferences and is click for popup unticked

email me morny@holdemmanager and well do a teamviewer session to look into it

Hilips
02-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I tested with multiple panels, single panel, click for popup ticked and unticked, at Eurolinx, Full Tilt and no changes.

Mail sent.

Hilips
02-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Bump...

bibibibi
03-01-2009, 05:25 AM
In general it works fine for me
Bu i've noticed that the Ongame table notes appear slower than the other elses

morny
03-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Hilips i sent an email to Mike explaining the issues as i was away for a few days so he should get in contact with you

Mike chops
03-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Sorry for getting to this late...

There is aproblem with ongame mouse handling. I would play with force-on-top set in the Table Prefs menu.

Hilips
03-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Sorry for getting to this late...

There is aproblem with ongame mouse handling. I would play with force-on-top set in the Table Prefs menu.

Ongame? I play at Microgaming and OP at Full Tilt.

But the tip doesn't solve the problem anyway.

Hilips
03-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Problem fixed on the last beta version. Tks

mfm000
03-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Why is it so hard to open the player notes? NO, it is not broken or anything, but sometimes i have to wait for a while before clicking to activate notes.

Can't you find a way to make the notes pop-up instantly? Such as a keyboard shortcut or ANYTHING?

The mouse hot spot for new notes i.e asterisk is VERY small and prone to error.
Would be nice if the spot were the size of the existing note icon.

haman
05-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Any hotkey for Save and Close a note? I would like to have press Ctrl+S to save and close note. it's quicker when you type, you dont have to point mouse cursor to button and click.

udbrky
05-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it over the next couple of days and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people also show support for it.