PDA

View Full Version : Problem running a report

KaiserSose
07-31-2008, 08:01 PM
I tried to construct a graph today and this came up:

The following error occurred when running this report: Error: XX000: could not read block 26057 of relation 1663/34784/34828: Invalid argument.

And it also said: An error occurred while formatting the chart Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

morny
07-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Where was this in the Graph TAB? What exactly were you doing when you got the error message as in what button did you press and what settings had you done?

KaiserSose
08-01-2008, 02:48 AM
I went into Cash Games and then I clicked the Graph's tab. From the graph's tab I tried to form a graph for the last 2 days, 12 hours and month. The error message appeared for all of those periods. However, I am able to form a graph for the last 2 hours.

KaiserSose
08-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Can you please address my question?

morny
08-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Sorry for the delay, Roy's currently busy getting out a new release tonight for beta testers with performance problems but should be around later to answer your question.

Rvg72
08-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Can you please address my question?

Hi, unfortunately it looks like the database in postgres has become corrupt. The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to the actual system database which is very difficult to recover from.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

You can try doing a full vacuum with pgadmin but I don't think this will correct this particular problem and pgadmin will give you the same error.

Roy

KaiserSose
08-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks Roy,

If I want to re-import can I just go into import from folder and click on HEM processed? I have the hand history's saved on my computer I just don't know how to fix the ones in HEM so I can import the ones that work.

morny
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
If your confident all your files are in that folder that should be fine. Aletrnative backup options:

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12 although these might not work if the database is corrupt.

The database was more than likely corrupt but the original files should be ok

Also heres instructions for creating new database: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=146