PDA

View Full Version : HEM DB on NAS

Mighty Serb
02-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi guys,
i have Synology NAS server. On the NAS server i also have postgresql, my question is if any of you guys have any experience with having your HEM DB on NAS server. NAS is linux based so, i guess, any experience with HEMon linux is also welcome.

Thanx

Jarzi
12-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Very old thread, but I can report that I just installed HEM DB on Synology DS1010+ and it seems to work fine.

Enabled shell access, modified pg_hba.conf to give access from network, restarted pgsql, connected to it with pgadmin and created a used and then connected to it with HEM.

But some Linux knowledge is required to accomplish this.

The Minder
12-17-2010, 07:26 PM
A number of folks have networked db storage and seems to work fine. The only problem I have detected is that the automated backup/restore within HM doesn't work fails. Haven't found an answer to this one yet.

Jarzi
12-18-2010, 12:03 PM
For some reason I can't see the imported hands when the DB is on Synology. I see the session results, HUD is correct but the individual hands are not shown. I tried to create a new DB and import hands to it but the result was the same.

netsrak
12-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Are you sure that its not a filter so something like that?
When the Hud works and the stats are counted the hands must be in the database.

Please clear your filters (filter->clear) one time although it seems like no filters are defined.

Jarzi
12-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Are you sure that its not a filter so something like that?
When the Hud works and the stats are counted the hands must be in the database.

Please clear your filters (filter->clear) one time although it seems like no filters are defined.

Yeah, the hands are in the DB but just not shown for whatever reason :) I did try clearing the filters but nothing changed.

netsrak
12-20-2010, 04:39 AM
Then its probably an encoding issue or something with the regional settings.

Please remove the 3 winner card columns from the hands view (under options -> settings -> hands view columns)

Jarzi
12-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Removing WinnerName, -Cards and -Won made the hands appear! DB is in UTF8. Would ASCII work better you think?

netsrak
12-20-2010, 09:40 AM
You can try it but i'm not sure. This winner problem comes up for some databases - we don't know what the source is.

Jarzi
12-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Roger and thanks for very speedy responses. Main issue was resolved, now I can use my DB without my desktop being powered on.