PDA

View Full Version : Using HM to look at the blinds

bamski
02-18-2009, 04:34 AM
Not sure where this should be posted but I want to make sure I am doing this right. I want to see if I am being profitable when I am in the blinds when I fight steals etc. If there is a thread or something in the FAQ on this let me know I looked but didn't see anything.

1). So in HM I need to set a filter for BB or SB and then add the VPIP=true stat? That way it only counts the times that I fight back and doesn't count all the dead money I lose when I just fold my blind. Is this correct and if not can someone tell me how I can do this?

2). Also what do the "In BB and steal attempted=true" stats mean? Does that mean I attempted a steal (how is that possible) or that a steal was attempted on me I am assuming?

3). When it says "in BB and steal defended" or "steal reraised" does that mean I am the one defending or reraising or someone is doing it vs me?

I have been looking at my graph to see if I am profitable in these spots but I am not totally sure what the stats mean so I don't know if I am doing it right.

PCP Poker
02-18-2009, 02:37 PM
1) VPIP = true will show you all the raised pots you called from the BB or hand that you simply VPIP'ed from the SB. Better to use the steal defended and steal reraised options
2) It means a steal was attempted against you. This will show all the hands where either the CO, BTN, or SB raised an unopened pot to you. You can narrow it down to see only hands where the CO was stealing by selecting CO as Position of First Raiser, and the same for the other stealing positions.
3) Defended and Reraised means you are the one doing those actions.

When in doubt about what a filter actually does, I always use the replayer to watch the action on a couple of the filtered hands. This always clears things up for me.

etotheo
03-24-2009, 12:30 PM
When in doubt about what a filter actually does, I always use the replayer to watch the action on a couple of the filtered hands. This always clears things up for me.

Very good point!