PDA

View Full Version : cant establish a connection

nemesiz
02-17-2009, 04:33 PM
I get an error message when i try to start holdem manger that says, "can't establish a connection to 127.0.0.1" or something like that, how do i solve this issue?

morny
02-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Please see this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

nemesiz
02-18-2009, 05:36 AM
I have tried now to turn of the firewall, the antivirus program and tried to start postgresql through the control panel. And it still wont connect, I'm running everything as administrator and I have shut down UAC.

What should i do next?

morny
02-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Tis quote is from the FAQ

This is extremely important, these updates seem to intermittingly or permanantly block PostgreSQL and even disabling them almost always isnt enough, they still seem to work in the background causing problems. Now some programs cant be uninstalled like the built in Windows Firewall or Windows Defender and in such case regardless of whether you have them disabled or not follow the next step. Windows Firewall and Defender are the only 2 softwares that cant be ununstalled, if you still have any other kind of Firewall, Antivirus or Spyware still installed then your probably wasting your time doing the rest of the steps because it probably wont work as one of them is causing the problem. After you remove them reboot and move to the next step.