PDA

View Full Version : Trouble installing postgressql 8.3

jayomaha
02-16-2009, 09:48 PM
I use vista, I have used pt3 w/ postgre (postgre is still installed) and I use Windows Live OneCare.
This may be the problem, but these are my issues:

I unzipped to my desktop... (should it be a new folder in my desktop or unzipped in pieces on my desktop (six new icons)
either way i tried both ways when installing and my loadup screen doesnt look the same as the tutorial.

First of all I dont get the language prompt.

Second of all the Installation options screen looks different. This was even when I aligned the red x's. It does not say the Current location nor (5505kb/ 3 of 4 subf req 65MB) but says something like 0KB 0 of 4 with 19mb or 2192kb on your harddrive with nothing else, depending on how i pick the features.

Third, even if i go ahead and pick an option, when i get to the screen where the port # is displayed, it says that port is in use and to choose another port. (this may be because postgre was previously installed on my comp for pt3.) I tried deleting it but for some reason it says I do not have permission to delete? (do u know how to solve this problem as well? i am the only one who uses this computer)

I need a lot of help here would appreciate assistance, thank you.

Al1
02-17-2009, 09:52 AM
If you have already posgreSQL installed, you don't need to reinstall it.
Can yo try to install HM directly: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip

jayomaha
02-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Ok but what would I put in the: Server Name, Port Number, Login Name, and password sections of the Connect to PostgreSQL screen if I already have it installed?

morny
02-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Put in the same as you do for PT3, then on the next screen it should allow you to create a new database

Port 5432

Your pt username and password you created for postgreSQL