PDA

View Full Version : two questions

#1ThunderFan
02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I have three questions about Holdem Manager.
1) I am using the trial on my laptop and have manually entered a lot of tourneys to try and keep track of my play on a non supported site. When if I buy Holdem Manager it will likely be primarly for my desktop and I was wondering if I will be able to copy my database, with these manual entries, onto my desktop database?
2) how well does the Hud work if you are stacking tables, this might be better addressed in the Hud forum? I am wondering if the Hud will mess up if I am stacking 10+ tables and whether the stats will display right.
3) I see that if I get a new computer I can get my registration key reset for free. I might buy a computer in the next couple of months to replace my current desktop. Will this be a problem or should I wait to buy tell I have my new desktop?

morny
02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
is it 2 or 3:D

1) The best way to do this would be to export the HH from HM and then import them on the new one because if you import the original then youll need to manually redo them. You might also considering sharing the database on an external hard drive http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=154

2) Theres no reason why you should have a problem but you can try the free trial to test first. At ongame due to their software there is an issue where stats sometimes bleed through, this happens on PT aswell

3) No Problem at all email Roy support@holdemmanager.net or morny@holdemmanager.net and well reset it whenever you want

#1ThunderFan
02-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Haha. Sorry I added a question after I submitted and it wouldnt let me change the title.
I have another question. I know that you can use an external harddrive to have access to your database on mulitple computers and see that you are updating the faq soon to include how to network a database between two computers. Is there anyway to have two databases on two diffrent computers that synch up once they are connected to the network or will this essentially be accomplished when you are networking the database?
Also is there a list of future tournament features that will be available in upcoming updates? Also do you plan on heavily supporting tounrament play in the future with updates and such or is the base structure you have up now about as complex as it will get?

morny
02-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Networking it will acomplish this by having a central database:

Theres already a FAQ on this and im adding a new one too soon
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=161

#1ThunderFan
02-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Networking it will acomplish this by having a central database:

Theres already a FAQ on this and im adding a new one too soon
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=161

Ok thanks for the info. I read through that and it looks like the second computer will be accessing the database but will it have the hands when it is outside of the network or is the only way to accomplish this is by using an external harddrive to swap between the two? Also I have a problem with the graph function of the tounrey tab. When I try and display by day it gives me an error stating "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continuem the application will ignor the error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately." I am not sure if should take this up in the bug area of if it should be here. I didnt know if it was just a non-supported part of the graph yet or if it was a bug or installation error on my part.

morny
02-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah it will only work when youve access to the extrnal data however i will be doing that article in a couple of hours and that allows you access to the database via the internet. If you search the FAQ youll see it later

Can you make sure you have this verision http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe and then if the problem persists can you look in the details section of that error and post the details

#1ThunderFan
02-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah it will only work when youve access to the extrnal data however i will be doing that article in a couple of hours and that allows you access to the database via the internet. If you search the FAQ youll see it later

Can you make sure you have this verision http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe and then if the problem persists can you look in the details section of that error and post the details

It appears the update fixed the problem although nothing is being displayed. I am not sure what is supposed to display though. Thanks for the help.

#1ThunderFan
02-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I have another question regarding two computers one database. Since you can network to a database could you in theory put your database on a external harddrive on your main computer and have your laptop access it via the network but when you want to leave and still have access to the database just remove the external database and connect it to your laptop?

morny
02-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah im sure that would work, heres the new FAQ btw http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=184

#1ThunderFan
02-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Very good faq. I will most likely use this option. Would having the database located on an external hard drive slow down you speeds and what size external hard drive do I need to store my database on? Thanks again for all the help and sorry for all the questions.

morny
02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
No, theres no difference between and external or external database other than the external is visible as long as there the same specs. Obviously the better spec hard drive you get the better speeds but the better ones will obviously be more expensive.

Size can range from a coupoe of gigs for a small database where you dont mine to 50+ gigs on a huge database where you mine alot.

#1ThunderFan
02-20-2009, 02:21 PM
No, theres no difference between and external or external database other than the external is visible as long as there the same specs. Obviously the better spec hard drive you get the better speeds but the better ones will obviously be more expensive.

Size can range from a coupoe of gigs for a small database where you dont mine to 50+ gigs on a huge database where you mine alot.

I dont mine and dont plan on it so it sounds like I shouldnt need a huge external hard drive. So I shouldnt see any slow down in speed even if I am hooking it up via USB?