PDA

View Full Version : postgresql installation difficulty near end

tilterstom
07-31-2008, 03:08 PM
I follow the directions from the support site and get to the very end where it says: "initialise database cluster" which seems to be the last step in installion.

I follow the directions enter in the password twice I used the default encoding server port number etc that was entered in when this screen came up. when I push next I get the following error:

Data directory error

The PostgreSQL data directory must be on an NTFS formatted volume.

If you wish to install the data directory on another type of partition (which is not recommended, and is unsupported) you must initialise the database cluster
by running initdb.exe.

fabio
07-31-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi tilterstom,

converting your hard drive to NTFS would be the best.

http://www.ntfs.com/quest3.htm

tilterstom
07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
is this the only possible way in order to be able to use HEM? and any idea on how long the conversion takes?

tilterstom
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
ok so I got past that part by converting my hard drive and installed postgresql or whatever.

now when I try to open HEM and connect to postgresql it has default things entered in the field and I push connect and get the following error:

DB control panel

connection error: ERROR: 42501: could not open relation 1663/11511/2668: Permission denied

it then goes on to say a long line of mumbo jumbo which I do not understand.

Is there something wrong with my info to connect I just went with the default stuff the whole way.

thanks

fabio
07-31-2008, 05:53 PM
which password have you entered during the install?

tilterstom
07-31-2008, 06:11 PM
the password they suggested using which was postgrespass

morny
07-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Make sure your entering the correct username and pasword at the connect screen and if it continues uninstall postgreSQL and reinstall it again